+15+

Kaelani•

"HEY KAI GUESS WHATTTT!!!" Bayli yelled as she rammed right into me in the hallway.

All of my stuff scattered across the floor and my angry gaze turned towards ︎her.

"WILL YOU EVER STOP RUNNING INTO ME?" I yelled back.

"SHUT UP, YOU LOVE ME AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!" She yelled louder.

"CAN YOU HELP ME PICK UP MY STUFF FIRST?" I yelled back... Louder.

Finally, a couple girls walking by told us to shut up and we gave them a not-so-nice gesture.

"Can I just tell you as we're picking them up?" She said as we both kelt down.

"Uh, no, I need my stuff."

We collected all of my stuff and got up and then ︎Bayli started to speak, "okay so what I was gonna say was.. DID YOU KN-"

She was cut off as Faith walked up, "hey guys, did you know that Shawn is back?"

"DAMMIT FAITH!" ︎Bayli shouted.

"Sh-Shawn?" I stuttered.

I couldn't believe it. My best friend other than Luke came back after two and a half years. Shawn Mendes.

Once when Luke went away for the summer of seventh grade, I had nobody else to hang out with because everyone was on vacation, while I was stuck... Here. So One day I took a walk through one of the parks and I heard singing around a few bushes. I peeked over the bushes and saw him sitting there, strumming his green guitar and singing along to one of my favorite songs. As soon as it got to the chorus, I started singing along without even taking notice and he turned around. I got so frightened that I fell into the bush, in which he helped me out of.

We introduced ourselves and really hit it off since we were both so much into music. We started hanging out more and more that summer and even wrote a few songs together that we never shared with anyone else. It wasn't quite a Luke-and-Me friendship, but it was definitely quite a great one.

After that summer, Luke came back and wasn't too fond of how much time Shawn and I spent together singing, actually, he wasn't even fond of Shawn at all, but soon he got noticed and went to go for a recording and then he really hit it off with his music career. I was always too shy with mine and I also never thought he'd return... But here I am, hearing the news.

Once again my poor and abused (as it was enough) books were thrown to the floor and I took off down the hallway, up the stairs and to the third hall on the right where I knew he would be.

Before he left, he promised that we'd meet again in a music room whether it was at the middle school or high school or the music shops downtown or wherever there was music, because that's what we both loved.

I pushed open the door to the room and sure enough, there was Shawn. With his guitar in his hands and his big, bright smile on his face.

"KaiBee! I've missed you!"

I didn't even say anything back. I just ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug that I could. He hugged back and we stayed like that for a while until I actually did speak.

"Your voice changed a hella lot," I said to him.

"Two and a half bloody years of not seeing you and that's the first thing you say to me?... Yeah, same KaiBee," he said with a laugh. I laughed along.

"How was it? Why'd you come back? Are you famous now? What's it like? Do you still have that rash-"

"I ACTUALLY DO NOT THANK YOU VERY MUCH.... And it was great. What, you think I could stay away from this place forever? Hmm almost, but not yet. I'm dreaming big still. It's awesome, but I miss this place from time to time... I miss my buds... I miss you... I've missed you a lot," he said with gleaming eyes.