+10+

Luke•

Love.

A word we hear quite often. Everyday in fact. It's overused, but it's meaning is the complete opposite.

And let me tell you, the day I saw her in that pretty lavender dress at my aunt Jennifer's wedding was the time when I realized what they meant by that word... Love.

My whole life, I had been with vast amounts of girls. In a plethora of relationships. All of which, never lasted that long. It was all physical really. Barely any emotion to it.

All they really wanted was my appearance and I guess my body, but none really stuck around long enough for an actual relationship. I guess I was ok with that though. Since I'm used to everyone only knowing me as Bad Boy Luke. Nobody really knew me further than that anyways, except for Kai. And my family of course, along with the boys, but they only know me as well as I know myself, while Kai... I believe Kai knows me better than I do myself.

I've always tried to shake this feeling I've had for her. My whole life I've been doing that actually. And I've been doing pretty well by distracting myself with other girls, but with the fact we spend almost everyday together makes it so difficult not to confess to her how I feel. And lately, it's been getting harder because she's been in a relationship, but it's so weird because I don't get jealous. Ever. But somehow, that girl has got my heart racing a mile a minute and I so desperately want to kiss her lips every second she's with me. I realize that I can't do that, because of course she only thinks of me as a friend... As she's always thought of me. I don't believe anyone understands how hard it is to resist the urge to tell her all the songs I've written were for her or to just wrap my arms around her sleeping body every time she spent the night. God I sound so gay, but i think about her way too much.

And that stupid word; that stupid four letter word... Had me terrified.

I was drowning in my thoughts when I looked at my clock and saw that it was about 8am. I had been lying awake for a half an hour now and when I first woke up I could hear a slight drizzle from my window, but by now the rain was coming down hard. My eyes looked over to my left and saw that this beautiful creature was still sound asleep.

I smiled at the sight and shifted to sit up. It wasn't until then when I noticed how chilly it was in the room. My bare torso exposed to the cold air outside of the warm covers. I ducked back in and shivered.

When I finally got warm, I heard a whimper beside me. The cutest sound I've ever heard.

"Good morning sleepy head," I said with a smile. I was surprised at how raspy and tired my voice sounded.

"I'm cold," she whispered.

I looked down and noticed that the blanket wasn't covering her at all, so I grabbed the duvet and pulled it over her.

"Thank you," she said softly. My hand brushed with hers and she felt freezing.
"Jesus, Luke you're so warm!"

Before I could reply she scooted over closer to me and tugged my arms around her. She nuzzled into my chest and I felt her cold cheek press against my skin that covered my fast-beating heart. Her soft legs tangled with mine and I couldn't tell if I shivered because she felt like an ice cube against me, or the fact there there was not a single space between us that we didn't come in contact.

"Luke?" She said once we got comfortable. She sounded worried.

"Yea?" I almost whispered.

"What happened to Calum, Ashton, and Michael last night?"

I replied with a tired voice, "Ashton passed out drunk and Calum stayed with him, and I think Michael stayed with them too because when I went to check on him, he did not want to leave the side of this one girl... Hey did you know that Michael was with a gir-"
"A girl with a banana suit last night. Yea, I know." She mumbled into my skin, cutting me off.