+3+

Kaelani

Luke and I walked side by side to first period. It made me feel a lot better when I realized we had almost every class together.

When we reached our history class, we took a seat right next to each other. The teacher walked in late and greeted us, "Hello class, I'm Mr. Theo, since it's the first day, go ahead and talk, do whatever, I just don't want to be here, I'm gonna sleep now. Kay bye." And with that, he walked to his desk and leaned back in his chair. Quickly, he fell asleep.

As everyone began talking, I turned to talk to Luke, who was talking to a boy with red hair and they fist pumped about how they were both wearing the same 'All Time Low' band tee.

Then, I watched as Luke turned to a girl who was sitting in front of him and he winked at her. She gave a high-pitched giggle that made me roll my eyes.

I turned back in my seat to take out my phone and check Twitter when my phone almost fell out of my hands and I fumbled to catch it in mid-air. As soon as I caught it, I heard a deep laugh from my left.

My head whipped to the sound of the lovely tune. I saw a dirty blonde boy with hazel/brown eyes looking at me with a cute half-smirk formed out of his beautiful lips.

He was familiar.

He was hot.

I got butterflies at the thought of a hot boy looked at me, let alone smiling or laughing. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit and I finally gained up the courage to speak.

I smiled back and asked playfully, "what's so funny?"

Still smiling, he replied, "you just looked so cute when you did that. I couldn't help but laugh."

I looked down at my desk and my cheeks were on fire. I heard the boy laugh again and heard his seat scooting closer to mine.

I felt sparks shoot up my back when he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "I'm Matthew."

"Kaelani" I replied shakily.

"Kaelani," he repeated "what a beautiful and unique name. I believe I've never heard it before?"

"I get that a lot" I laughed.

Before I knew it, I felt a finger on my chin, turning my head so I could face him. Wow he was gorgeous. My heart began to race when I realized how close we were and after staring at his beautiful face for a good 13 seconds, he spoke softly. "Would you like to go out sometime? Like, with me? On a... Ya know... Date?"

His sudden stuttering and shyness melted my heart into a puddle. I saw his cheeks turn a bright pink and thought it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. He had this bad boy vibe that changed in two seconds to adorable puppy.

I giggled and quickly replied with a yes. I saw a big, cheeky grin form on his face and he handed me his phone to which I typed in my number. He took it back and dropped his right eye in a wink before scooting back to his original place. I sighed dreamily then turned back to face the front of the room. I guess maybe one boy this year wouldn't hurt.

I could feel someone looking at me and this time, my head turned to the right. Luke gave me an emotionless look.

"What?" I said and furrowed my eyebrows.

He stayed emotionless still, "who was that?"

"His name is Matthew. And he's incredibly sweet... I think we're going on a date soon," I smiled at the thought.

"Since when did you date?" Luke said with a little chuckle.

"Excuse me but what's that suppose to mean?" I raised one of my eyebrows at him.

He laughed and said, "nothing. Aww my little Kai is growing up," he reached over and pinched my cheeks and I scrunched up my face and smacked his hand away, which made him laugh even more.

The girl that he was talking to earlier glared at me when she witnessed what was happening. She then turned around to be facing Luke and bent over so he could see down her low-cut shirt and she grabbed his hand in hers as her other hand came up to twirl her curled blonde hair.

I laughed under my breath when I heard Luke sounding bored while talking to her and I went back to Twitter until the bell rang.

'Great start to the first day of school' I thought to myself.

♕❁♕❁♕❁♕

// YESSSS DOUBLE UPDATE!!

literally very jealous of her rn. Ooo where they gonna go on their date?

God dangit how do I fix this thing on wattpad? It won't let me type in italics or bold anymore -update- FIXED IT!

Ugh stupid headache won't go away :( oh well, I got to double update so technically, I win. //