Chapter 6

Skyler POV

After gym class I went straight to the locker room to get ready for hockey tryouts. I really hope I make the team!

When I got there I saw Connie and Julie and we just went over how our days went as we changed. I put on a black Nike sports bra and some black spandex then my hockey stuff, so if the boys walk in at least I won't be fully naked.

" how do you guys feel about tryouts?" Connie asked
" honestly I am very nervous!" I say looking up at her
" well don't be you are the bast player on the team. You and banks" she says smiling Brightly at me, making me blush a little.

" what about you Jules" I say looking over at her
" eh I'm not that scared but I still am, I just hope that we have a good coach like Bombay."
She says
" I hope we don't. Me and him never got along I definitely don't want another one of those" I say grinning at them as they roll there eyes.

" keep rolling you eyes maybe you will find a brain back there!" I say laughing as the rest of the team starts walking in
When I turned around I saw everyone except for Dean and Jessie. Dang I miss them both so much especially jessie. Me and him agreed on everything almost including Bombay.
Stupid hawk.

After the boy make get ready we head out the door to the hockey rink. As soon as we got out there was this beautiful huge ice rink. With older boys playing on it.
"They look pretty good" Luis says
"They sure won a lot of championships" Julie says looking up to the ceiling we're there are banners everywhere.

"Come on we could skate out there" Connie says pulling me Onto the ice.

But when we stepped into the rink a couple of the boys come over causing me to gulp.
"If isn't it caption ducky" Riley said causing me to scoff, and everyone Looks at me.

" oh and who is this pretty lady" Riley says looking me up and down and taking my hand and kissing it.
" get your dirty hands off her" Fulton says glaring at Riley.
"Oh bash brother, I'm so scared" Riley says Sarcastically and focused his attention back on me.

Before anyone could say anything else their coach came in and took them off the ice. Once they were off the ice Charlie spook up.
" how about it cowboy? Round up?" Charlie asks.

We all quickly skated away from each other as we were all used to it by now. I couldn't help but think this wasn't right because we should be waiting for the coach to come. But Dwayne snaps me out of my thoughts.
" yee-haw! Round up em doggies!" He yells

We were all getting caught one by one and the only people left were me,Charlie, and Luis.

Charlie got caught and fell down onto the ground. And a man came up behind us.

" my name is coach Orion. You can all call me coach or coach Orion" he says sternly

Charlie stands up and says" You can call me Charlie!" He says trying to make a joke.

" that must be what the C on your jersey stands for huh? Cause it sure doesn't stand for caption!" Coach says making us all guess except for me. I thought we all new that Charlie wasn't going to stay caption forever. I mean we are getting a new coach.

" sorry coach we were just messing with ya, ya know?" Russ said trying to cover up what happened

"Bombay gave him that C" Goldberg says looking at coach
" and I respect that. But that's in the past, this is my team now and I'll be selecting the caption" coach Orion said

" you've got to be kidding me right? I mean your the rookie here. We've all been together for four years" Charlie says. Wrong move char wrong move.