Chapter 22

Sky's POV

It's finally the day of the Jv Vs Varsity showdown. 

I am not nervous but at the same time I am because I still was apart of that team, and they already told me that they will be coming for me. So I don't know who wouldn't be taken aback from that comment.

We all walk out of the locker room and start heading towards the ice. I look over to see varsity sending glares to all of us. I make eye contact with rick and he puts out his thumb and dramatically goes across his neck, pretending to slit his throat and pointing at me.

I just smile brightly at him and pretend to drop something and bend down, but stand up with my middle finger up flipping him off walking away towards the ice.

The ducks and I all skate on to the ice and get into a circle with coach Orion telling us our positions.

"Alright lets go hunting for goose eggs, huh? Come on, hands in! On three...quack. One, two, three." Orion says trying to get us hyped up.

"quack,quack,quack, quack..." we all started to cheer not only getting us hyped up but also the whole crowd who also started chanting quack.  Almost everyone but Rick Riley's dad who has a scowl on his face glaring at all of us ducks.

Before I skated to my position Luis quickly skates over to me and whispers into my ear " Lets win this game Sky" and was about to skate away before I kiss his cheek, and skate away to my position to get ready for the puck to drop.

As soon as the puck dropped I quickly stole the puck and started skating up the rink. I pass the puck to Adam but one of the varsity players knock him over and take the puck. The player shoots but luckily Julie catches the puck.

Julie passes it out to Dwayne who passes it to me, I start to skate up the rink but I feel two bodies smash into both sides of me causing me to fall onto the ice. This is going to be a long game.

After 10 minutes of practically being a rag-doll for varsity to abuse I finally get taken off by coach Orion. As I am walking over to the bench I almost fall over from how badly my body hurts from Varsity. I grab my water and just start downing it until I start to feel someone looking at me. I turn around to see Luis quickly looking away and go's back to talking to Adam. Sense when were they friends?

Before I could think any further on why they are talking Coach Orion calls out for a line change. As soon as I'm back in I steal the puck from a player and pass the puck to Luis and quickly get open so he will have an open pass back to me. Once I get open Luis makes a pass to me and I shoot.....and score!

Everyone congratulates me on getting a goal as we skate back to our positions as the whole varsity team glares at me.

By the end of the first period we were doing good and were able luckily we were all able to keep up with varsity. Hopefully luck will be on our side for the rest of the game.

Coach Orion didn't let me start in the second period, even though I usually always start, I mean I never don't start. I think to myself, but it must be for a good reason. I definitely trust him a lot more than I will ever trust Bombay.

"Hey you guys ready to get back on the rink or are you just going to sit here" coach Orion jokes

Once I get onto the court it was like every varsity player there was was coming right for me. Even when I didn't have the puck Cole came skating at me full speed and smashed me into the wall. And that only got him two minutes in the box.

Near the end of the second period I saw that Cole had the puck and made sure to smash my body into his making him go right into the boreds. The crowd went wild from this and started cheering and yelling my name.

" That's two minutes in the box young lady" The ref tells me dragging me to the box

" Well worth it" I say as I pull my hand away from the ref and start quickly skating away to the box

As I was In the box a varsity player was able to get the puck, pass it to his teammate who was near the net. And of course he went for a shot and got a goal. Making the game tied 1-1.

I hear the buzzer go off showing that period two was over

"finally" I say skating towards my team as we all walk into the locker room.

" thank the lord that there are benches in here" I say sitting down as my team nods along agreeing with me

soon enough coach Orion walks through the locker room doors

"Your playing hard, I'm proud of you guys" He says

" Their cheepshootting us to death" Luis says who I didn't realize was sitting next to me until now

" I know they are, I know they are" Coach repeats

" It's gonna take a lot for us to hold on" Averman adds

After Averman says that the door flys open showing Dean

" Oh my god" I say smiling at him causing him to send me a wink

" Dean Portman is awarded a full athletic and academic scholarship to Eden hall academy" Dean reads aloud

" I had this lying around in my house in Chicago, my attorney thought I should sign it and I agreed, and Its official boys i'm back!" He yells

I was the first one to get up and jump up and hug him causing the rest of the team to follow and do the same.

" Let's kick some ass" Dean yells

Now it's time to start the third period

authors note

here is the next character

word count - 1042