Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

And the confusion continues.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

“When do you think she’ll wake up?”

“I have no clue brother the doctor said soon. She is perfect leverage though.”

“Don’t talk like that, we are not doing that to her!”

“Settle down! As much as I would love to piss the fuck out of Derrick, I won’t ruin your relationship with his mate. And please do remember that she is his mate. Not yours. I seriously don’t understand your relationship.”

I heard a door slam. Its loud echo bounced off the walls and hurt my ears. My head pounded, my heart raced, my body muscles burned. It was too much to think. To hear. To breath.

I felt a hand slide across my cheek and heard a deep masculine sigh.

“Oh Alana. What am I going to do with you?”

I wanted to respond but my throat ached and I couldn’t even open up my eyes to see who was with me. It wasn’t Derrick, I have memorized his voice by now. Derrick? His name flooded memories quickly to my head. Where is he? Where am I? The annoying beeping noises gave me a hint. I was probably in a hospital. A hospital? My accident! Oh my God I survived! But how? I had so many questions but I felt a prick against my arm and my mind became foggy. Someone drugged me. I soon fell in to a blissful sleep.

Four Hours Later…

Groggily, I attempted to open my eyes. It took a couple tries but eventually I was able to open them. I was lying on a comfy bed with tubes connected to my wrists. I tried not to look at them because they made me very queasy. Surrounding me was a few empty chairs and a muted TV in the background. This was defiantly a hospital room. The door opened and I curiously glanced to see who it was.

            “Paul?” My hoarse voice questioned.

            “Hey there beautiful,” he smiled. He looked relieved.

            “What happened?” I knew I crashed my car but everything else was blank.

            “You were in a car accident. Tore yourself up pretty badly but my aunt is taking good care of you. She’s your doctor.”

            “Oh,” I couldn’t think of much else to say.

            “Luckily I was on my nightly run and found you. You gave me a heart attack! I thought you were dead. The roads were icy but what happened to make you crash so hard?”

            I thought back to when I was driving. I didn’t want to tell him how I was unbearably crying and why. My chest tightened thinking about my family’s problems. Or my problems I should say.

            “Something ran out in front of my car and when I slammed on the brakes my tires slid.”  “I at least hope the animal is okay,” I mumbled.

            “You should have run over the varmint.” He argued.

            “How long have I been out?” I wondered.

            “Three days.”

            “Does my family know where I am? What about Derrick? He must be worried.”

            “Yeah about that… No one knows where you are.”

            “What!? Why?”

He looked like he didn’t really want to answer but I was so confused. Where exactly was I? 

            Before he could answer his brother Ryan barged through the door. He briefly looked at me, “Well glad to see you’re awake Princess.”

            “What do you need, Ryan?” Paul asked annoyed.

            “We’ve got problems!” Ryan stammered.

            “What’s wrong now?” Paul questioned.

            “They found her car and lots of her blood. The police don’t know anything but Derrick’s pack traced our scents. He knows she’s here, he’s angry. And he’s on his way.”

            “Well then lets go meet the Alpha to be, shall we?”

“Alpha? What the fuck is going on!!!”

AHHHHHH! I finally posted! So here's whats been happening, I have so much homework and shit to do and I would upload more often but I haven't been getting much of a response. I need to know where my prioraties lie so if I can start off with at least 10 votes and comments per chapter I will guarantee an upload every Sunday and Wednesday. I really want to write this story but I need a little support first. This chapter is for those who commented on CH 18! Thanks for sticking with my story! This was a very short chapter but I uploaded it to see if this whole 10 votes/comments idea will work. You'll find out if it did by me uuploading Wednesday. Late happy holidays and new year! VOTE AND COMMENT MY BEAUTIES!

xoxo,

HaileyElizabeth