Chapter Fourteen

Broken Keys and Shattered Howls

Chapter Fourteen

Confusion

Alana’s POV

I paced back and forth within the corners of my room. My clock read 4:00 A.M. and I haven’t had an ounce of sleep all night long. My mind was racing with thoughts about the whole ordeal back in the forest. I can’t be crazy. I know what I saw.

Wolves.

Huge overgrown wolves that appeared to be on steroids compared to normal sized ones. I’ve been to zoos and I have seen movies and could easily tell that theses were no ordinary wolves.

Noah told me there were no wolves in this area but that seems impossible. We live with hundreds of miles of woods how could there be no wolves? Noah seemed hesitant which makes me believe that he lied to me. But why on Earth would he want to lie to me?

Unless he was hiding something.

What would he though?

Not only did I have him to think about but Derrick as well. God damn that boy and my feelings for him. I don’t deserve such feelings. I have too many sins to be able to have someone.

But just one simple glance at him skyrockets my nerve system, sending bolts of excitement throughout my body. From his brightly colored eyes down to his toned figure, I can’t help but sneak a peak when he is around. His appearance wasn’t the only characteristic that appealed to me though. Everything did ranging from his demeanor, personality, to his protective side. Derrick made me comfortable and nervous. Nervous being because I was afraid that I would embarrass myself in front of him.

Lord I am starting to like him way too much.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock coming from my window, which startled me. A low shriek escaped my lips as the glass window began to slide up. I should have remembered to lock my window. Too late now.

All the fear I had left when Derrick gracefully landed into my room.  

I breathed out a sigh of relief. He smiled, “Did I scare you princess?”

“No,” I frowned stubbornly.

It was then that I remembered I was wearing an oversized T-shirt from Disney land that I got years ago. It had all the Disney princesses on it.

Feeling self-conscience, I crossed my arms and couldn’t help it when I felt my cheeks burning red. Derrick’s smile grew into an enormous smirk.

“What are you doing here so late?” I questioned. “Oh and you do know that I own a door,” I added.

“I came to see how you were doing. I was worried about the whole lost in the forest thing. I’m so sorry, I should have been there.” He frowned.

Aw he’s caring.

“Don’t worry, I’m completely fine. No harm done, but I can’t say the same for Taylor.” I growled. Stupid drunk.

“Plus you were dealing with that fight. It was my decision to go look for the drunk so if anything happened its on me not you. Don’t feel guilty.” He didn’t look happy at my response.

“You are my responsibility and I could never let anything happen to you.”

His eyes grew dark and his body inched closer to mine.

“I am my own responsibility.” I simply replied back.

My composure began to falter when his face was literally an inch from mine. We both stared at each other with longing looks. My eyes drifted down to his lips, which I so desperately wanted against my own.

“Not anymore,” he whispered right before plummeting towards me. Our lips met and I felt ecstatic when his hands wrapped around my waist. New burning sensations filled my body with every kiss and touch that he gave me. My arms made their way up his torso before wrapping themselves around his neck, in an attempt to bring him closer.

Our lips continued in rhythm for what seemed like forever until we separated in order to catch our breath. When I finally took in my surroundings I realized we were now lying on my bed. My body heated up with nerves and anxiety as I saw my shirt had risen up, revealing my panties since I didn’t bother to put on pajama shorts tonight.

Following my gaze, Derrick saw too, which only encouraged him to continue our little hot and heavy scene.  I was more than willing to comply but as the minutes passed by, my eyelids became heavier and I knew I did not want to go any further with him yet.

“Derrick,” I stuttered.

“Shh, its okay. You need your rest,” he replied with a smile.

“Go to sleep, Alana. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

My soul felt at peace and so I let my eyelids shut, but not before Derrick gave me one last lingering kiss.