Ch.20

~1 Year Later~

"Stop Kevin!" I yelled at him, but he keeps throwing stuff at me. He went out drinking again with the guys, but he can get out of control sometimes.

"You are worthless!" He yells at me and tears started to fall down my face. "I don't know why I even married you?!" He keeps yelling and I ran upstairs. "Get back down here!" I ran into our room and closed the door behind me and locked, so he won't come in. Then I hear him running up the stairs and then banging on the door. "You better open this door!" He yells through the door, but I just ignore him and packed a bag full of clothes and a few toiletries.

I go into my drawer and took out the emergancy money, that me and Kevin were saving, and put it in my bag, along with my keys, wallet and my phone. Then I put the bag over my shoulders and stood in front of the door. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door, but then I fell backwards, because he burst through the door and got on top of me.

"Where do you think you're going?!" He asked me and then takes the bag off of me.

"Please stop Kevin!" I begged him and then he slaps me across my face. Then he throws the bag next to the bed and starts ripping my clothes off. He was never like this, but I can't do nothing about it, because I'm afraid that he's going to hurt me even more. I was now fully naked and he starts getting undress. Once he's full undressed, he positions himself and gets ready to shove himself inside of me, but then the doorbell rings.

He groans and gets off of me. "Go and answer the door." He said with an attitude, so I get up from the floor and put my robe on. Then I quickly ran downstairs and opened the front door.

"Hey Amanda." Aleks said and my eyes widen. "Is everything okay?" He asked and I nod slightly. "I came by, because Kevin had forgotten his wallet inside my car, and-"

"Amanda! Hurry up and get back up here!" Kevin yells from upstairs and I grabbed Kevin's wallet from his hand.

"Th-Thank you Aleks." I thanked him and closed the door, but he puts his foot in the door and came inside. "Please leave Aleks. I don't him to yell at you." I begged him and he crossed his arms.

"Is he hurting you Amanda?" He asked me and I shook my head. "Amanda? You better not be lying to me." He said and I just broke down crying.

"You need to leave Aleks. I'm sorry." I cried and shoved him out of the house, and then locked it.

"Amanda! Please open the door! Let me take you to my house!" He shouts through the door, but I just walked back upstairs and into the room.

"Who was it?" He asked me and I handed him his wallet. "Where was it at?" He asked again.

"Aleks came by to drop it off." I said while wiping the tears from my face, and then he shoves me on the bed. This is going to be a long night.

~2 Years Later~

"The divorce is finalized and you are sentence to a year in prison Mr.McFarlane." The judge tells him and he nods. "Any last words Mr.McFarlane?" He asked him and then he looks at me.

"I'm sorry Amanda." He apologized to me and I begin to cry. "I never meant to hurt you, and I want you to know, that I still love you and our little girl." He said and I hold Caitlyn tight in my arms.

"Court is dismissed." The judge said and everyone stood up from their seats. I look up at Kevin and they took him away. "Ms.Gonzales? Can you come up here really quick please?" He asked me and I handed Caitlyn to Aleks. He takes her and I stood in front of the judge.

"Yes sir?" I said and wiped the tears from my face.

"Do you wish to change Caitlyn's last name to Gonzales?" He asked me and I nod. He nods and hands me a paper and a pen. I take it from him and signed it, and then gave it back to him. "Thank you Ms.Gonzales." He thanked me and I nod. I leave the court room and find Aleks playing with Caitlyn.

"Where's mommy?" He asked her and I smile. "There she is." He said and she giggles.

"Come on baby girl. Time to go home with Uncle Aleks." I said and took her from him.

-At Home-

"She's finally asleep." Aleks said and I smiled.

"Thank you Aleks, for helping us." I tell him and he nods.

"Anything for you Amanda. Besides, I care about you and I'll do anything to protect you and Caitlyn." He said and hugs me and I hug him back.

"I'm going to head to bed." I said and he lets me go. "Goodnight Aleks."

"Goodnight Amanda. Let me know if you need anything." He says and I nod. I made my way up the stairs and into the guest bedroom. I head over to Caitlyn's crib and see her sound asleep.

I smiled. "Mommy loves you baby girl." I whispered and tears begin to fall down my face. "I know daddy didn't mean to hurt mommy, but not everyone's perfect." I cried softly and then I felt a pair of arm wrap around my waist. I gasped and turned around. "Don't scare me like that Aleks." I tell him.

"Sorry." He apologizes and I kissed his cheek.

"Let's get some sleep." I said to him and he nods, so I go and lay down in my bed and pulled the covers over me, but when I look up Aleks. "Lay down with me Aleks."

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nod. He comes over to the bed and lays down next to me. Then he wraps his arms around my waist, and I curled up into his chest. "Goodnight Amanda."

"Goodnight Aleks." I said and closed my eyes. Soon, I fell asleep to his slow heartbeats.

- - - - -

That's it guys! This is the end of this story and it's time for me to write new ones, but I might write a bonus chapter after this. Idk yet, but just be on a look out for it. ~(0.0)~ Anyways, I'll talk to you guys later. Bai Bai :3