Ch.4

Kevin's Pov:

It's been a few hours since we came to the hospital, and Amanda is still asleep, but I never left her side. "Kevin?" My eyes widen and I hold her hand. "Where am I?" She asked.

"We're at the hospital." I tell her and she sighs. "Can you move your arm?" I asked her and she tries picking her arm up, but she couldn't.

"I see that your awake Ms.Gonzales." We both look towards the door, and we see a nurse with a clipboard in her hands. "You're very lucky that Kevin was there to help you." She says and she nods.

"When can I go home?" She asked the nurse, while sitting up from the bed.

"Well, we have to take some more blood work on you and an X-Ray, so you might leave around 10 or midnight." The nurse asked and I hear her start crying.

"It's okay Amanda." I tell her and she looks at me. Tears started flowing down her face, and I wipe them away. "I'll be here, and I'll never leave you. I promise." I said and she smiles.

"Thank you Kevin." She thanked me and I gave her a small hug, and she hugs me back. "I'm getting hungry. Can I eat something at least?" She asked the nurse and she nods. She leaves the room, leaving me and Amanda by ourselves.

"They arrested Tiffany and Max." I said and she gasped. "We're going to testify this weekend, so we might have to cancel our plans." I tell her and she nods. "I'm really sorry Amanda." I apologized to her and she laughs.

"Don't be sorry Kevin. It's not your fault." She says and I sigh. "How about this?" She said and I look at her. "After court, we can grab something to eat, and we can either go to my house or yours." She smiled.

"We'll I can take you to my house, but I only live by myself with my cat." I tell her and she nods. "You can also stay the night if you want. I'll just sleep in the guest bedroom." I said.

"Thanks Kevin, but I don't think my mom would let me stay the night." She says and I sigh. "Wait? Where are they anyways?" She asked.

"I don't know. Did your mom say she was coming?" I asked her and she nods.

"I bet she forgot about me, and then she just went home." She said. "They don't really pay attention to me. Only to my sister and my brother." She says. I was about to say something, but I get cut off by the nurse coming in the room.

"Here's your food Ms.Gonzales." We both look up and see the nurse with a tray of food. She sets it on her lap and then she leaves again.

"A salad?" She says. "I hate this crap." She whispered and I chuckled. "At least she gave me a soda." She said and drank some, but she spits it back out. "Ugh. I think I would rather strave."

"You don't like it?" I asked her and she shook her head, and then I started laughing and she scoffs. "I'm sorry, but be happy that I brought you something when you were still sleeping." I said and then she looks at me.

Amanda's Pov:

"What did you get?" I asked him and he looks through a bag. He takes out a container and then he sets it on my lap, but he takes the other tray and he puts it on the table. Then he opens the container and my eyes widen. "Oh. My. God." I said and he chuckles. "This looks so fucking good." I smiled.

"I also got you a soda, but I dodn't know what kind to get you, so I got you a Dr.Pepper." He says and my jaw drops.

"That's my favorite soda." I said and he hands it to me. "Thank you so much Kevin." I thanked him and he nods.

"Go ahead and eat, so you won't have to starve." He laughs and I poke his nose.

"Feed me." I laughed and he nods. He takes the fork and he grabs a piece of chicken. "Ah." I said while opening my mouth, and he feeds me. "Mmm. So good." I said with my mouth full and he smiles.

"Amanda?" I look up and see James and Aleks standing by the doorway. "How you feeling?" James asked and Kevin keeps feeding me.

"I feel like shit." I said still with my mouth full and he nods. "I'm not leaving until 10 or midnight, and it kind of sucks."

"That does suck." James said and I nod. "Oh. Aleks bought you some flowers, and a card with all our names on it." He says and Aleks hands me the flowers, along with the card.

"Thank you Aleks." I thanked him and he smiles. "These are beautiful, and I'll read the card later." I said and he nods.

"Everybody is coming, so just prepare your-" James gets cut off by knocking on the door, so Aleks went to go open the door, but it suddenly flew open and all the guys flood in at once.

"Amanda!" Sly shouts and I wave, and he comes over to me and gives me a tight hug. "Thank godness you're alright." He says and I pat his back.

"Geez Sly. You're suffocating her." Kevin tells him and he lets me go.

"Sorry." He apologized and he hands me a small teddy bear with a single rose on it.

"Aw. This is cute." I said and he smiles. "Thank you Sly." I thanked him and he nods. Eveybody keeps giving me gifts, cards, flowers, and candy. "Wow. So many bears." I laughed. All of us talked for a good 3 hours, until the nurse came back in.

"Okay Ms.Gonzales. Your friends need to wait in the lobby, so we can do the tests." She said and I sigh. "Y'all can say goodbye to her for now." She tells them and they nod.

"Can we get a group photo? Before you go in." Sly and I nod. He starts giggling and he gives the camera to the nurse. We all group together, but Kevin and Aleks were on each side of me.

"Aleks." Kevin whispered to him, and he whispered something in his ear, and he nods. "Ready?" He asked him and he nods. "Okay. We're ready." He tells the nurse and she points the camera towards us.

"1. 2. 3." She says and then I felt two pairs of lips on both sides of my cheeks, and then the camera goes off. "Here you go." She said while giving Sly back his camera. Sly then looks at the picture and his eyes widen.

"I'm so framing this." He says and ran out the door.

"Sly!" I yelled, but he was long gone. "Damn it." I whispered. "I'll see you guys in a few hours, or maybe tomorrow." I said and they nod. We said our goodbyes, and I was the only one in the room, including the nurse. "Okay. Let's get this over with." I said and she nods. A few more nurses came in, and I lay back down in the bed. 'This is going to suck.' I thought to myself. They put an oxygen mask over my face, and I instantly passed out.