Ch.16

Amanda's Pov:

-A Few Months Later-

"Okay babe. I'm off to school." Kevin said and gave me a quick kiss, before leaving the house. Once he leaves, I carefully get up from the couch and head into the kitchen, so I can heat up the baby's bottle, but then there was a knock on the door. I go over towards the door and looked out the window, and my jaw drops to the floor.

"Amanda?" He sings and I quickly locked the door. "Oh come on Amanda. Don't be like that. I just want to talk to you, and see your baby." He said and then I hide inside the kitchen, but then the baby started crying. "Aw. Poor baby." He laughs.

"You better leave or I'm calling the cops!" I yelled, while covering the baby's ears tight. Then I hear the glass break from the window, so I quickly got up from the floor and ran up into the room, while grabbing the phone from the counter. I shut the door and locked it, but then I hear someone running up the stairs, so I quickly dialed 911 and after the first ring.

"911. What is your emergancy?" The operator asked.

"Please help me! Someone is breaking into my house!" I shout through the phone and I broke down crying.

"Okay ma'am. May I have your address?" She asked and I told her the address. "Help is on the way." She said and then hung up with me.

"That was a big mistake Amanda." Jose said and I texted Kevin that he was breaking in, but when I did. My phone started ringing, so I answered it.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered.

"I'm on my way back home!" Kevin shouts through the phone and I nod, even though he couldn't see it.

"Please hurry Kevin. He's-" I stopped, because I smelled something burning and my eyes widen. "He's burning the house down!" I cried out loud and he gasped.

"Don't worry babe. I'm a block away, so if you're in our room. Go towards the window and open it, so I can help you out. I love you Amanda." He said before hanging up.

"See you at your funeral!" He shouts and then runs back downstairs. I hold Caitlyn tight in my arms and keep telling her that everything will be okay, so I gently put her down on the bed, and grabbed an empty backpack from the closet. I start grabbing some of her stuff and put them in the bag, but then I hear a huge explosion from downstairs, so I quickly hurry and closed the bag. I put it over my shoulders and picked up the baby. Then I go towards the window and opened it, but it was shut tight, so I look around it and my eyes widen.

"No! I will not let that bastard kill me, or my baby girl!" I shout, so I look around the room and found something heavy. I picked it up and threw it at the window. The glass shattered everywhere onto the floor, but it still wasn't enough to break all the glass, so I go back to the closet and grabbed my tennis racket. I use to play tennis at my old school back home for only like a month, until I stopped going, because of my grades. Then I cover the baby with a small blanket, enough that she won't cough from the smoke, and continued to smash the window, until all the glass was gone.

"Amanda!" I hear my name, so I look out the window and saw that it was Kevin. He comes rushing towards the window and tears started falling down my face. "It's okay babe. I'm here." He said.

"It's had to break the window, because that bastard nailed the window shut." I said and his eyes widen. "I called the police and they're on their way." Right when I said that. I heard the police siren, along with the fire truck siren, so Kevin went running towards them and flagged them down, but right when they came back. They were talking and laughing. "Kevin?"

He looks up at me and smiles. "Do you think you can save her?" He asked them and they look up at me. Then they started laughing and walked off, so I look down at Kevin and he looks up at me. "Goodbye Amanda." He said and my eyes widen, and then he walks off.

"Kevin!" I shout and then there was another huge explosion, but this time. Everything went black.

~ ~ ~

"Ah!" I screamed and my heart was racing, and tears were starting to run down my face, but then I hear someone else crying, so I look up and my eyes widen. "K-Kevin?"

"Amanda." He cried and walked towards me. "You're finally awake." He said and I looked at him confused, so I look around me and see that I was at the hospital.

"How long was I out for?" I asked him and he sighs.

"About a couple of months." He said and my eyes widen. "You've been out since that day Jose tried killing you." He said while clenching his fists. "I've been coming here. Every single day, until you wake up, and now since that your awake? I have something important to tell you."

"What is it Kevin?" I asked him and he sits down in front of me, and grabs my hand.

"Amanda? Will you marry me?" He asked and my jaw drops. "I know it's kind of soon, but I love you Amanda, with all of my heart, and I'll do anything to protect you, even if it kills me." He said and more tears were falling down my face, but they were tears of joy.

"Yes." I said and he instantly kisses me on my lips. We were like this for a few seconds, and he pulls back from the kiss. He then looked deep into my eyes.

"I love you Amanda." He smiles.

"I love you too Kevin." I smiled back.

-------

A/N: Confused? Don't worry, because I didn't plan this the first time, but hey! It works :3