World cup qualification

When Mason told me the news that he got called up for the World Cup qualifications I was delighted for him but also a bit sad. He's usually gone for more than a week and it's not so fun waking up all alone in a big house while your boyfriend is in another country.

Today was the day Mason is leaving and he's finishing up packing his backpack. I sat on the bed looking at him while packing. I didn't realize I had a sad face expression.

"You okay", he asked as he was closing his bag

"What...yea", I said zoning back from my thoughts

"You sure", he asked as he was looking at me

"Mhm", I said with a weak smile

He walked towards me as I looked at him and I realized I wasn't so convincing. He grabbed my face with his two hands and lifted my head up to face him.

"You don't seem ok", he said rubbing my cheeks. I let out a sigh. "I'm just going to miss you", I said to him

"It will just be for a few days", he said trying to comfort me

"I know", I said with a forced smile. A loud car horn was heard outside the house, it's his Uber.

"He's here", I said standing up.

"Let's go downstairs", he said grabbing his backpack and my hand. His suitcase was already downstairs.

The Uber driver put his bags in the car as me and Mason said our goodbyes. We hugged each other which lasted for a while. Then we looked up and gave each other a quick kiss on the lips.

"Alright, I love you", he said looking at me with a smile

"Love you too", I said with a real smile this time. "Have fun", I yelled to him before he went to take a seat in the car.

As he rolled down the windows we waved to each other and blew each other a kiss each. I'm so proud of him. Everything he has worked for all these years are slowly paying of.