Dating a royal

💛AN: First off, thanks to everyone who sent their support and helped me with the situation that happened yesterday, wattpad contacted me so it's  going to work out🤍 and secondly, about this request, I had a bit of a hard time writing it cause I didn't have the best idea for it and it's very different from what I've written. I tried to make it a bit realistic, but hopefully you'll like it, I had fun writing it :) 🫶

Requested

-

The sun was creeping in, almost blinding your eyes while looking outside the car window of the Bentley state limousine. Your hands were resting on your lap, touching the material of the light blue summer dress you decided to wear today.

It wasn't everyday you could wear a dress like this, but you figured that since you're only going to your boyfriend, who you've been with for 3 months, it wouldn't matter that much, you would only be at his house anyway.

"We have arrived, your royal highness." You heard the chauffeur say as he parked the car outside your boyfriend's driveway.

"You can call me Y/N," you smiled at him, causing him to smile back at you.

"We will be waiting here until you're done." You looked beside you. One of the guards from the palace had followed along for your safety, which you thought was very unnecessary.

"I'm going to take my time so maybe reconsider your plans," you looked at him annoyed.

"Take your time. We will be right here," he said determined.

"Nothing is going to happen, Jamie; you don't need to tag along everywhere I go." You rolled your eyes.

"Your royal highness-"

"It's Y/N," you interrupted him.

He cleared his throat, "You're sister of the future queen of England, and it is my duty to make sure you come home safe and sound."

"I get it. But don't you think I deserve some privacy...and personal space?" You asked him.

You knew you didn't sound formal talking to him, which your parents would always scold you for, but you were frustrated and annoyed not being allowed to be on your own for once.

"A footballer dating a royal doesn't come with much privacy does it?" He asked you.

"Here we go again," you sighed as you leaned back to your seat in annoyance.

"You can't be with a footballer, Y/N. One day you have to let go, follow the protocols, and marry someone who's suited for you."

"You don't get to tell me what to do, Jamie."

"I'm only telling you what is true."

You looked at him, feeling pain in your chest after hearing him say those things. You felt trapped and that no one cared about what you really wanted.

"No one likes a princess who breaks the rules," he said, looking at you, amused with the fact that he had the power to make you feel vulnerable. "Do you really want the world to hate you, your royal highness?"

"I only need my family's approval...not yours or anyone else's."

"They think this is a fase. Sure, Mr.Mount is a good guy, but he won't survive the critique that comes along. Nor will he be happy by your side. He deserves better than a life like this, don't you think?"

And with that, you turned around and left the vehicle, you couldn't handle the conversation. You headed towards the door of your boyfriend's house and kept your tears inside, not wanting to worry him when he saw you.