2: Why.

Tanjiro's POV

I was at home practicing my guitar until I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and smiled when I saw that it was Kanao calling me. I picked it up.

Tanjiro: Hey Kanao.

Kanao: Hey Tanjiro, um can we meet at the park please?

Tanjiro: Uh why?

Kanao: Well I have something really important to tell you. Promise me you'll come?

Tanjiro: Okay I promise, tell me what time should we meet?

Kanao: 6 o'clock sharp under the cherry blossom tree okay?

Tanjiro: Okay. See ya.

Kanao: Bye. Don't be late

I hung up the call and continued strumming on my guitar. A few more minutes my mom came in and told me that my friend and "manager" Uzui was here to see me. He's been helping me try and sign a deal with a record label for nearly 2 years now. That's why I consider him my manager. He came into my room.

Uzui: Tanjiro my flamboyant teen star.

Tanjiro: Hey Uzui

Uzui: So I have great news!

Tanjiro: What is it?

Uzui: Well you know Yorichii Tsugikuni right? The owner of Sun breath records right?

Tanjiro: Ya? He owns one of the best record labels in the world.

Uzui: Well he I made a couple phone calls and managed to send your song to him!

Tanjiro: Wait really!? W-well how did he react?

Uzui: Three words. He loved it!

Omg omg omg omg someone pinch me! Am I dreaming!?

Uzui: And he wants to meet with you first thing tomorrow morning. He's in London right now and I've booked us 2 tickets to London 5:30. It's still 4:20 so you have time to pack your things.

Tanjiro: B-but what about my family?

???: Don't worry about it Tanjiro you can go

???: Ya

I turned around to see my parents by the door.

Kie: This is your dream Tanjiro. I'll talk to your teachers don't worry.

Tanjuro: You go and pack your things and take a shower because you don't wanna miss your flight right?

Tanjiro: Ya thanks dad and mom.

I hugged my parents and went to get ready. I'm finally gonna achieve my dream. Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something? Eh, probably nothing important.

Kanao's POV
Time: 5:55

I arrived at the park 5 minutes early because I'm kinda nervous. I sat on the bench under the cherry blossom tree waiting for Tanjiro to arrive.

Time: 6:05

Kanao: Why is Tanjiro not here yet. He was supposed to be here 5 minutes ago. Maybe he's just running late. I'll try calling him.

I took out my phone and tried calling him 5 times but it kept on going straight to voicemail. I'm getting kinda restless now. I know it's only been five minutes but he said he'd be here 6 sharp. I decided to wait a bit more

Time: 6: 58

I've been waiting for nearly an hour now! Where the hell is he. It's getting cold here. Should I go to his place? Ya maybe I should.

I rode my bike all the way to Tanjiro's house. I knocked on the door and his little sister Nezuko answered.

Nezuko: Oh hi Kanao.

Kanao: Hey Nezuko, um is Tanjiro home?

Nezuko: No, he's in a plane right now.

Kanao: What do you mean?

Nezuko: Didn't you know? Tanjiro got a record deal and he's now on the flight to London!

After I heard Nezuko say that I felt my heart break into pieces. I felt tears on the corner of my eyes.

Kanao: I-I-I've gotta go. Um b-bye Nezuko.

Nezuko: Uh bye.

After Nezuko closed the door I ran to my bike and cycled away. I started bursting into tears.

Kanao: W-why didn't he tell me!? Did he literally forget about me!? Did he forget our promise!?

Flashback

Kanao: Ne Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: Hm?

Kanao: I know you have a dream of wanting to become a singer one day but when you get a choice to pick between me and your dream, what will you choose? I'm not being selfish or anything, I'm just asking.

Tanjiro: Well of course I'd choose you. Your my lily of the valley.

Kanao: I love you Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: I love you too.

End of flashback

Kanao: (sniff) TANJIRO YOU LYING BAKA!!!!!!

I screamed my lungs out trying to get all the anger out. When I got home I told my parents everything.

K dad: How could he do this to you?

K mom: I'm so sorry Kanao.

Kanao: Mom, I wanna leave.

I said that sounding sad as ever. My voice was a bit raspy because of the crying.

K mom: What do you mean Kanao?

Kanao: I wanna leave this place!? I don't wanna stay here!

K dad: I'll make sure that red head will pay for what he's done to you. He chose his career over you. How could he!?

Kanao: I still have that scholarship to the med school in America right? I wanna go there immediately. Please mom and dad please. I beg of you!

K mom: S-sure honey. I'll call Kanae and Shinobu.

My mom got up and left the room. My dad continued to comfort me.

Now I'm gonna be both a mother and a father to my baby. I hate you Tanjiro Kamado!

Hello my beautiful readers! Ya 2 chapters in one day. This one was kinda depressing hehe.

In the next chapter you'll all get to meet Tanjiro and Kanao's child. Stay tuned.

Author-chan out 😎!