18: Memories 4

After the whole thing died down, everyone got ready to watch what was remaining of the video.

Kanao was holding her newborn baby in her arms in her chest. They baby was sound asleep and Kanao was admiring her daughter with a small tired smile.

The family awed at the scene. It was beautiful, seeing a mother holding her first child is a wonderful site.

"I remember the day I gave birth to Tanjiro and held him close to my chest like that", Kie started,"he was so small and fragile that when it was Tanjuro's turn to hold him, he was scared he'd break his neck or something hahaha"

Everyone laughed at the story. Tanjiro was also laughing but also blushed in embarrassment. Kanao found it adorable how he failed miserably a hiding it.

It was now everyone's turn to hold the baby. First person hold her was Shinobu.

She smiled down at the newborn and kissed her forehead. Her fiance Giyuu was standing behind her and had a small smile as well.

"She's perfect Kanao", Shinobu said and Kanao thanked her.

Now it was Giyuu's turn.

He had a poker face whilst holding her but inside he felt warm and already swore on his life that he will protect this innocent being till the day he dies.

Next it was Kanae's turn, then came Sanemi, then came Cho. No one trusted Meng into holding the baby so he didn't hold her but instead admired her whilst Cho was holding her.

Tanjiro admired the scene with all his heart. Seeing everyone holding the baby made him think. What would it have been like holding her? He felt envious of the men who got to carry her.

The scene changed to Kanao holding the baby again and everyone talking and having fun. Other people had come to visit.

"So Kanao, what are you gonna name her?", Kanae asked.

Kanao chuckled.

"Well somebody begged me, that they wanted to name my daughter", she said as she looked at Mitsuri who was holding her 9 month old son Haruki.

"Ooh yes!", Mitsuri squealed,"I have the perfect name for her"

"Oh so Mitsuri named her?", Tanjiro mumbled under his breath.

The room got quite for a second until Mitsuri spoke.

"The name I chose is.....Aika!"

"Aika?", Meng asked tilting his head.

"Yes!", Mitsuri said nodding her head.

"Doesn't that mean love song?", Giyuu said with his usual poker face.

"Yes, it does!", Squealed Mitsuri,"isn't it cute?"

"Yes it is dear", Obanai said whilst giving everyone warning glares to say they like it even if they don't.

Kanao smiled."I like it", she said.

Everyone then looked at each other and smiled softly. "I like it too, it's perfect", Shinobu said.