16: Memories 2

.
.
.
.

The screen went black again and the words "Month 5" appeared. Everyone got excited except for Kanao who's small smile dropped. Tanjiro noticed it but didn't say anything.

Shinobu was holding the camera and was pointing at Kanao who was laying on a hospital chair.

"So today's Kanao's ultrasound day!", Shinobu excitedly said, "You excited to know the gender of your baby Kanao?"

Kanao nodded. "Not just that but I'm excited to hear my baby's heartbeat for the first time"

"Ooh so it was your ultrasound Kanao dear?", asked Kie and Kanao nodded with a weak smile. Tanjiro was even more focused on the screen and smiled at Kanao's excited face on the screen.

The doctor then came in. "Hello nice to meet you Miss Tsuyuri I'm Dr Parks and I'm gonna do your ultrasound today, are you ready?", The lady doctor asked. Kanao nodded and then the doctor got to work.

"Okay so this is gonna be a bit chilly so don't panic please", Dr Parks said as she placed the machine on Kanao's belly. Kanao shivered a little but giggled any way.

"Cute..", Tanjiro mumbled to himself but Kanao heard him and blushed a little.

The sound of a heartbeat was heard in the room and tear streamed down Kanao's cheek. "Okay so- wait a minute", Dr Parks said as she took a closer look. "Can you hear that?", Dr Parks asked the two sisters.

"Wait that sounds like...", Shinobu said, "another heartbeat?"

Kanao looked shocked. "What!?"

"Yes there is look for yourself", Dr Parks said as she showed the screen to Kanao. There were two heads.

"Uh Kanao, there's two babies in there"

"What!?", the family yelled in shock. "Aika has a twin?", Tanjiro asked. Kanao just looked at the ground and kept quiet.

"Well congratulations Miss Tsuyuri it looks like you're having twins!", The doctor said in excitement. Kanao smiled widely and then started to cry even more.

"Oh my gosh Kanao I can't believe it, you're having twins!", Shinobu said as she hugged Kanao.

"So would you like to know the genders?", Dr Parks asked. Kanao shook her head no and pointed at Shinobu.

"That's what I'm here for", Shinobu said, "Kanao doesn't want to know until her gender reveal party so you can tell me doc"

"Okay", Doctor Parks said as she whispered the genders in Shinobu's ear. Shinobu grinned widely and then thanked the doctor.
.
.
.
.
.

"I can't believe it, Aika has a twin", Rokuta said and everyone agreed. Kanao held back her tears. "U-um how about we continue", Sha said.

The screen now showed the words Month 7 and everyone got excited.

Kanao appeared on the screen and Misturi was applying make up and Kanae was doing her hair. Shinobu who was holding the camera spoke.

"Okay so it's Kanao's gender reveal, baby shower and photoshoot day!!!", She said excitedly, "you excited Kanao?"

Kanao nodded. "And nervous too", she said as Mitsuri and Kanae laughed.

"Oooh I can't wait to know the genders!", Shigeru and Hanako said at the same time. "Me too", Nezuko said.

Kanao was dressed in long off the shoulder blush pink maternity dress showing her now bigger bump which reached her feet and she was wearing white flats with a bow. Her hair was curled and down with a silver headpiece with a flower and butterfly design. She had a silver butterfly necklace and pearl earrings.

Her lips were a rosy red and her cheeks were blush pink. Her black pink eyeshadow complimented her dress and her black eyeliner made everything better.

Tanjiro blushed hard at the sight. She looked so stunning that he couldn't even put it to words.

"Why are you blushing Nii-chan~", Takeo teasingly asked his brother. "Oh shut up Takeo!", Tanjiro said as he glared at him. The whole Kamado family gave Tanjiro a sly look whilst Kanao ignored it but she blushed a little too.

The scene changed again to Cho in a yellow sun dress holding a microphone. Guests were sitting at tables decorated with white, pink and blue cloths and flowers.

"Hello everyone and thank you all for coming", Cho said, "for those who don't know me, my name is Cho Miyamoto and I'm the MC for today's event". People clapped and cheered and Cho looked flattered at the attention.

"Anyways may we present our mother to be, Miss Kanao Tsuyuri!!!", She said. Everyone cheered when Kanao came out with a smile. She sat down on a white thrown and Giyuu put a shash on her that said "Mother to be".

"Awww that looks so fun, I really wish I could've been there", Kie said in a sad tone. Kanao and Tanjiro couldn't help but feel guilty but none of them admitted or showed it. She was the twin's grandmother after all.

"Okay so before we go to the gender reveal we're gonna let a few of Kanao's friends and family say a few words so first up we have Kanao's parents!", Cho said as she walked off the stage and Kanao's parents walked on stage.

"We flew all the way from Japan for this special day and we'd like to say we're proud of you Kanao.", Kanao's dad said and handed the microphone to her mom, "it feels just like yesterday when I held you in my arms for the first time. You were so fragile and little and now you're all grown up. We love you Kanao and we can't wait to meet our grandkids", she finished.

Kanao who had just finished we wiping her tears gave her parents a hug. After separating, Kanao's parents walked off stage and Cho came back.

The family let out an "Awww" at the beautiful hugging scene and a few people cried.

A few more family members came up and friends as well. After that it was now time for the gender reveal.

Sanemi and Giyuu carried a huge box on the stage and put it in front of Kanao. "Okay so before all this we made you all vote on what the gender will be and most of the votes were for boys, the others were for girls and very little were for both.", Cho said, "so this box is filled with either pink or blue balloons filled with helium and when Kanao opens the box the balloons will float up and tadaa the gender is revealed! Are you ready Kanao?", Cho asked and Kanao nodded.

"I know the other one is a girl but I wonder what the other one will be", Tanjiro said. Kanao just kept quiet.

The crowd counted to three and Kanao opened the box. Everyone cheered when......

Both pink and blue balloons came out!

"Congratulations Kanao, you are having a boy and a girl!", Cho said as Kanae and Shinobu ran up to her and gave her a hug.

The whole family had mixed emotions. Both happy and confused. Tanjiro has a daughter and son but what happened to the son?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

That's it for this chapter y'all I hope you enjoyed. Kanao has a lot of explaining to do.

Author-chan out 😎!