7: Huh?

Third person's POV

It was Saturday and Aika and her mother were going to the Obanai house so that Aika and Haruki could work on their project for school.

Kanao knocked on the door and Mitsuri opened the door whilst holding a 3 year old toddler.

Mitsuri: Oh Kanao! Hi and Aika! Please come in!

Kanao: Hehe hi Mitsuri.

Aika: Hello Mitsuri-chan!

Mitsuri: Hi Aika! It's nice to see you again. Kyaaa you've grown so big since I last saw you!

Aika: Haha Mitsuri-chan it's only been a week.

Mitsuri: Well it felt like a year. Iguro, Haruki! Kanao and Aika are here!

Suddenly a boy with black hair and one green eye on the left and blue on the right came downstairs.

Haruki: Aika!

Aika: Haruki!

Haruki ran up to Aika and hugged her. The two are inseparable. They did grow up together after all.

Haruki: Ready to do the project Ai?

Aika: I sure am Haru.

Haruki: Let's go!

Haruki and Aika ran upstairs to do their project. Kanao and Mitsuri sweat dropped and then went to the couch to sit down.

Mitsuri's youngest daughter Hana was sitting on the couch playing with her doll. As soon as her green eyes saw Kanao she hugged her. She's always been fond of her.

Mitsuri: Aww how cute! So Kanao how's work?

Kanao: It's..... interesting.

Mitsuri: What do you mean?

Kanao: Uh well um it's nothing really. Just stress and all that Mitsuri.

Mitsuri: Oh well when I'm stressed I cook and eat hehe. Aika's getting bigger I see. She's starting to look just like Tan- hmpf!

Before Mitsuri could finish the name Kanao quickly covered her mouth.

Mitsuri: Oops sorry. I just forget.

Kanao: I-its fine. Anyways wanna make snacks for the kids?

Mitsuri: Sure!

When the two women left to go to the kitchen they didn't notice Aika at the top of the stairs listening to the whole conversation.

Aika: Tan? Who's Tan? And why did Mitsuri-chan say that I look like that person? Could he be....... my dad? What are you hiding mom?
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The day was finally over and it was time for Kanao and Aika to go home. Haruki didn't want her to leave but Aika had to unfortunately.

When they got home Aika asked her mom a question.

Aika: Mommy who's Tan?

Kanao froze when she heard Aika say that.

Kanao: It's no one dear.

Aika: But I heard Mitsuri-chan say that-

Kanao: I said it's no one Aika!

It was the first time Kanao has yelled at Aika. She stood there stunned at the fact her mother yelled her. She's never seen this side of her and now she was scared.

Tears started to drip from her eyes and then she ran upstairs to her room. Kanao felt guilty now.

Kanao: N-no Aika wait!

*Bang

She heard Aika slam her bedroom door shut. Kanao decided to leave her alone for a while cause she's stubborn.

With Aika

Aika was sitting on her bed thinking about what just happened.

Aika's room

Aika: *sniff All I did was ask a simple question!

After sulking for a few more minutes she decided to put the finishing touches on hers and Haruki's project.

She looked for the glue everywhere in her room but couldn't find it until she remembered that it's in her mom's closet.

Aika: Aw man now I have to go there.

Aika quietly opened her door and peeked downstairs to see if her mom was there and not in her room. She found her in the kitchen making dinner.

Aika sighed and went to Kanao's room. She quietly opened the door and went in the closet. She looked everywhere for the glue until she accidentally knocked a box from the shelf.

When she picked up the box a picture fell out of it. She picked it up and looked at the picture.

It was her mom but when she was younger. She had her glasses and her bright smile but with braces. She then saw a guy hugging her. He had red burgundy tipped hair and tanned skin. He looked really cool and his hair was a bit long.
Aika felt like she's seen him somewhere. She looked closer until she finally recognized him.

Aika: Mr Marble? Huh?
.

.

.

.

.

.

Hello my beautiful readers. I hope you all liked this chapter.

Stay tuned for the next chapter and happy 2022!

I've decided to show y'all a picture I literally 1am when I was looking at the fireworks.

Before y'all ask yes those are my legs and I'm wearing shorts and flip-flops hehe.

Author-chan out 😎!