𝟐𝟎

-

Ivy and JJ were alone still and decided to get some air, they were both sitting on the couch on John B's porch watching as the trees flowed in the wind and the sun shone on the marsh. There was almost a glitter effect on the water like the lake was filled with diamonds. Ivy never really took the time to appreciate the beauty of the Outer banks. The kook side of the island was rich and everything was big, white and grad but on the cut everything, had meaning, it had a story. The cut felt like home.

She felt a cold hand rest on her thigh and goosebumps appeared on her skin almost instantly at his touch. Ivy looked up at JJ to find he was already staring at her.

He was the most beautiful thing in the whole of the Outer banks.

She smiled to herself while going to rest her head on his shoulder. She was comforted by him further as he wrapped an arm around her pulling her closer to him. Ivy made herself comfortable in his arms and continued to stare out at the marsh.

Ivy enjoyed the silence they were sitting in, she knew JJ was usually a talkative person but with her, he didn't need to be. The pair could sit in silence for long amounts of time and just be happy with each others company

"hey, wait here," JJ said as he stood up and released his touch from her. "I'll be right back"

"no going to ditch me again"

"too soon Ivy," He said in a playful matter as he opened the door to go inside.

Sat alone with nothing but her thoughts, she played the early morning events over in her head, again. She couldn't stop thinking about it all. His hands over her skin and the kisses he left on her neck. It was all truly breathtaking. If someone had told her a year ago that this is where life would lead her she would've laughed in their faces and told them they were mad.

Ivy heard the door creaked open and JJ stood with a big cheeky grin on his face, on hand was behind his back as he leaned in the doorway.

"what you got JJ?"

"oh nothing," He said in a very childlike, innocent tone which was just a  ruse to hide the fact he had something interesting and or  really stupid  "just your guitar"

He pulled the instrument out from behind him and a feeling of nostalgia rushed through her.

Ivy hadn't seen the guitar in years, a few months before she had left she gifted him the guitar, because she didn't know how to play and he did, so it made sense someone got used to it. The guitar looked run down and overused, but it filled Ivy's mind up with countless memories

"I can't believe you kept it," She said admiring it, she saw the stickers and small drawings that were scarred over it.

"yeah, I was gonna burn it. Light her up and watch as she turned to ash"

"burn it? What a waste of money"

With a small roll of his eyes JJ took a seat back next to her and sat the guitar upon his lap, he fiddled with the string until he got a good rhythm going. Ivy closed her eyes and listened as he played a tune. JJ began to hum which relaxed her.

Going along with the made-up tune JJ watched the girls head sway to the music. He was in awe of her beauty, JJ was truly grateful he had her. He's liked her for years but never tough he'd ever get to call her his own, but here they were together.

JJ stopped playing and watched the girl as she opened her eyes again. Ivy opened her eye and met his imminently, a tinge of confusion washed across her face when she noticed he was already staring.