004: Cash Prize.

THE moment 456 saw 101, he hesitated, backing away. Hyun-Jung can tell he's scared of the thug looking man before him. "Who are you?" 101 asked 456. "Uh..." The man adjusted his hair. "What do you think you're doing?" The thug asked him, getting closer.

"Me? Uh, well... Look. The name's Seong Gi-Hun. I live in Ssangmun-dong." He tells the man exactly who he is. "Hey, Ssangmun-dong shit." The tattooed man says. "Yeah?" The other man says, sounding afraid. "This little bitch and I weren't done talking," he tells Gi-Hun, pointing at the girl on the floor.

"Yeah, I understand that. It's just there's something that me and this... woman should talk about urgently." Gi-Hun says as Hyun-Jung glanced over at the girl looking up at the two men, there's blood on her lips. "You bastard! What scheme are you two running?" 101 asked him and 456 laughs nervously.

"You're asking me? What's your problem with this girl, 101? Yeah, I'll bet that, that you're a thug who preys on girls, that takes advantage of them." He said, pointing at the man and Hyun-Jung immediately glanced at the girl. She looks familiar. "Did you tell her to rob me like that?" Gi-Hun accused the thug.

"You little son of a bitch!"

"Get away! Hey!" Gi-Hun shouts, backing away as 350 to Hyun-Jung's side lets out a chuckle. "What a wimp..." He muttered and Hyun-Jung glanced at him with furrowed brows. "Hey, he wants to hit me. This thug is trying to hit me, huh! Hey, somebody get over here! We need help!" Gi-Hun shouts, looking around.

An alarm buzzes making the man point, "oh! Oh, there they are!" He said as he then points at the girl on the floor. "Over here, she'll pick all our pockets, sir. Him too, they'll pick, they'll pick..." He grows quiet when the doors slide open to reveal eight people with red jumpsuits and masks with circles on them, between the four on one side and the other four on the other side, there's another with a square.

They walk in unison into the room, panning out before the large mass of people. "What the fuck?" Hyun-Jung whispers, staring ahead. "I would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to you all." The one in the front with the square mask announced to the 456 people.

"Everyone here will participate in six different games over six days. Those who win all six games will receive a handsome cash prize." He stated next. "And why should we believe that?" A man spoke up, catching everyone's attention. "Y-You took all our stuff and put us to sleep coming here, and then you brought us to this strange warehouse. Now you're saying you'll pay us if we go and play a few games? You really expect us to buy that?" He asked.

"We reluctantly took all of those measures to maintain confidentiality as we brought you here. We'll return everything once the games are over." The square guy tells them. "You all... you all have masks. Why are you wearing those things?" A woman also in the front asked.

"We do not disclose the faces and personal information of our staff to any of the participants. It's a measure we take to ensure fair games and confidentiality. Please understand." The man tells them. "Well, I don't believe you one bit." Another participant spoke up, this one is wearing glasses and standing near where Hyun-Jung, 350 and 324 are. "You got that? You tricked us. We were kidnapped. You can make as many excuses as you want to make sure nobody knows you broke the law in here. If you're going to make up for that, then we're gonna need something more."

"Player 218, Cho Sang-woo." The man said before pressing a button on a small remote which closes the lights and reveals a big screen above them which displays a video of this Sang-woo man playing Ddakji.

"Age, 46 years. Former team leader of Team Two at Joy Investments. Siphoned money off from his clients' balances, then invested it in derivatives and future options and failed. Current loss, 650 million won." Hyun-Jung looks at the two boys now standing to her left.

"Gosh, that's so emba--" Her whisper is cut off when the man spoke, "260, Chae Hyun-Jung, 500 million in debt." He said as the screen plays a clip of her getting slapped making her grimace. "107, Kim Mi-ok, 540 million in debt. 118, Oh Yeong-uk, 1.02 billion in debt. 322, Jung Min-tae, 880 million in debt. 119, No Sang-hun, 1.39 billion in debt. 369, Park Ju-un, 900 million in debt." It just goes on and on, showing clips of people playing Ddakji.

"Every person standing here in this room is living on the brink of financial ruin. You all have debts that you can't pay off. When we first went to see each of you, not a single one of you trusted us. But as you all know, we played a game, and as we promised, gave you money when you won. And suddenly, everyone here trusted us. You called and volunteered to participate in this game of your own free will. So this is it. I'll give you one last chance to choose. Will you go back to living your old and depressing lives getting chased by your creditors? Or will you act and seize this last opportunity we're offering here?"

It grows quiet and everyone murmurs to themselves or ones around them. "Hey! Which games are we playing here?" A Pakistani man called out, making Hyun-Jung glance to the men dressed in red, also wondering the same. "In order to play fair, we cannot disclose any information about the games ahead of time." The man answers his question.

"One question," The Gi-Hun guy said suddenly, raising his hand as all heads turn to look at him. "If we win, just how much do we get?" He asked and the man simply pressed a button, the same one which makes the ceiling open up, weird funky music plays as a big clear piggy bank comes out from the ceiling.

"Your prize money will be accumulated in there after every game. We will disclose the amount to everyone after the first game is over. If you do not wish to participate, then please let us know at this time." The masked man says.

AUTHORS NOTE
i got that gamer back, while writing this my back be lookin like this ) but worse