015. Third Game.

THEY had all fallen asleep where they were, Sae-Byeok leaning against the bed frame with Hyun-Jung leaning against her with Ji-Hoon's head on Hyun-Jung's leg, sleeping comfrotably. As the lights turn on and classical music plays over the speakers, Sae-Byeok wakes before the other two, looking at them.

Hyun-Jung suddenly woke up, jolting awake as she rubs her eyes. She reached down and touched Ji-Hoon's face. "Get off my lap, weirdo." She says and the boy woke up then, stretching his legs. "Hey, old man. Did you stay up all night?" Gi-Hun asked suddenly making Hyun-Jung look over right away.

The old man chuckles, "I thought they would attack again or something." He says and Hyun-Jung frowns. "Old man, but you must be so exhausted already." Gi-Hun voices his worries. "It's alright. You don't really need that much slee when you're old." The elder merely tells him. "And I didn't help when they went after everyone, but keeping night watch, well, I can do that." He says and Hyun-Jung sighs, rubbing her eyes. "Attention, players."

At that, she puts her head down, covering her face with her hands. "The third game will begin momentarily. Please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall." Yeah, and then a repeat. They all begin to get up and walk to join the line.

As they enter the game hall area, the woman announced on the speakers. "Players, welcome to the third game. For this game, you will play in teams. All players, please divide yourselves into teams of ten people. Your time limit will be ten minutes. Ten minutes. Let me repeat the instructions." As the group walk down the staircase, the rules are repeated again. When they get to the bottom, the countdown began and Gi-Hun turns to them.

"Something that has teams of ten players. So maybe it's Tail Tag or Why Did You Come To My House?" Gi-Hun says and Sangwoo sighs. "Tail tag means running is involved. Or it might just end up being simply based on luck. What do you think?" Gi-Hun asked the man standing in front of him. "Our team already has two girls and an older guy. I'm thinking we better get more men first." Sangwoo tells him.

Hyun-Jung rolls her eyes, glancing at Ji-Hoon to her side. "What if they make us play Gonggi or Elastics? Then, what do we do? Girls are usually the good ones at that--" "That's true, but when it really comes to it, usually men are better." Sangwoo immediately cut off Gi-Hun and Hyun-Jung just grimaced. "It's our lives we're betting on right now. And we gotta win."

Gi-Hun took a deep breath in and exhaled as Sangwoo glanced away. "Three more people are needed." Sangwoo says. "I see that we split up and look for those three guys to join us." He added and looked to his side, "okay?" He says and Hyun-Jung nods. "Got it captain." She pretends to salute before three of them walked off, Gi-Hun, Sangwoo, Sae-Byeok and Hyun-Jung to look for those three people as the old man, Ali and Ji-Hoon stayed behind to wait for them. Hyun-Jung walks with Sae-Byeok, "I say we bring a girl to piss that guy off." She says as she taps the girl's arm.

"I was thinking the same thing." Sae-Byeok replies in her monotone voice and Hyun-Jung smiles widely as she and the other look around for a girl. A lot of the other players were teaming up with others, when Hyun-Jung spots a girl up on the staircase by herself.

"There," she whispered, pointing before nudging Sae-Byeok to go with her. They head up the staircase to the girl, just then that woman, 121, from earlier, makes a scene. She got down to her knees in front of 101 and began shouting at him. "Jeez..." Hyun-Jung rolled her eyes and then the girl got shoved away by him.

"Oh, shit..." She says when she stops suddenly and so does Sae-Byeok, watching the whole thing unravel before them. They watch as the girl stood up to him and then the man walked away from her. Sae-Byeok nudged her and carried on up the stairs, so Hyun-Jung quickly follows behind. The girl looked up at their arrival, she has highlights and a nose piercing. "What do you want?" She asked them.

"Play with us."

She surprisingly agreed and followed them down the stairs where they all sat in a circle on the floor as did the other teams. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine? Um..." Gi-Hun said as he pointed to himself. "Wait, did someone not bring anyone?" He asked and Sangwoo sighs deeply. "It was me. Sorry." He said and Hyun-Jung glanced around.

The man who wanted more men didn't bring another man? "What about you? Who brought you here?" Sangwoo pointed at 240 who nods to Sae-Byeok and Hyun-Jung. "Them." She says and the man looks to the girls. "I said to bring only men back here, didn't I?" He says and Hyun-Jung shrugs slightly.

"And yet you didn't bring one..." She says, raising her brow and Ji-Hoon sends her a look. "This doesn't sound good. You want me to go?" The girl asked Sangwoo. "I'll go now," she's about to stand up but Hyun-Jung grabs her arm to stop her. "No, wait. Hold on. It's okay. Stay where you are." Gi-Hun also defends her, nodding to let her know she's okay to stay.

"We don't even know what we're doing yet. And the time's almost over." Gi-Hun explains to Sangwoo who had looked at him right away. "At this point, let's just find one more teammate and be done." He says. "We put together a weak team, who would want to join it?" Sangwoo says and Hyun-Jung sighed.

"That means that once the timer's done, we'll end up with anyone that got kicked out." He says and Hyun-Jung sighs, knowing who got kicked out. "Well, nobody kicked me out, huh!" As if on cue, 212 makes her way to them. "I'll play with you as a special deal here, okay?" She says before shoving 240 and Gi-Hun apaet, "man, you guys lucked out today. Yikes!" She said when she spots 240, Hyun-Jung and Sae-Byeon. "I'll be way more help than either of these three wimpy little girls." She says.

Hyun-Jung can already feel a headache forming. "Plus, I'm good at everything except the things that I can't do." She says exaggeratedly before laughing. "The time for forming your teams is over. All players, please line up with your teammates at the entrance to the game hall." At that, Gi-Hun looks around.

"Hold on. We're not gonna stay in here?"

AUTHORS NOTE
sangwoo: men are better
me: are you... yk? 💅🌈 🏳️‍🌈