012: 79 Players.

AFTER that man got shot, it was like a chain reaction, everyone got nervous and accidentally cracked their sugar honeycomb. Another woman got shot and Hyun-Jung immediately turned her attention back to her honeycomb, as gunshots went off around the whole room.

She got nervous with each person dying in the room but she was determined to finish this and with her two friends she's sitting with. She glanced up and saw the timer said there was about five minutes left. She starts breaking off the pieces off her triangle carefully. She stood up suddenly and turned to the guard, raising her triangle. "Player 260, pass." They announced over the speakers and she immediately looks at the two still sitting down.

"Player 111, pass."

Hyun-Jung walked away as they announced next that Sae-Byeok passed and she looks over her shoulder at the girl walking towards her. They walk out the room together and Hyun-Jung is thankful to hear that Ji-Hoon passed as well, slowing down so she can wait for the boy as she looks behind the other players behind her and Sae-Byeok. He walked over to her and nodded softly, smiling faintly.

The guards began escorting them back to the main room, walking down the many staircases in a single line. Back in the room, Hyun-Jung sat down at the staircase near her bed and Ji-Hoon came to sit down beside her. "Thanks for helping me out back there..." Sae-Byeok says, standing before them and Hyun-Jung merely nods, smiling kindly at her. "Thanks for telling me about the sugar... Thanks to you, I realized what game it might be." She says and Sae-Byeok just nods as more players come back.

It's quiet amongst the three now as Ji-Hoon glanced around, seeing the other players come into the room. "Attention, players. I will now announce the results of the second game." Hyun-Jung glanced to the screen above the main entrance to the room, the numbers of players go down as the number of the prize goes up. "Out of the 187 players who participated, 79 players were eliminated." The woman said as the big piggy bank above the players fills up with even more money.

When it stops, Hyun-Jung immediately looks at Ji-Hoon who looks back at her. "The prize money accumulated this round is 7.6 billion won. The total prize money accumulated so far is now 34.8 billion won." The woman then announced and Hyun-Jung glanced away.

As the guards in masks walk in, "attention. Your mealtime begins now. All players, please form a line in the center of the room." All of them did as told, Hyun-Jung was before Sae-Byeok and Ji-Hoon now, the boy behind them because he insisted. When she gets to the front, she furrows her brows as the man opens a bottle of sparkling water and sets down a singular egg, she picks up both and walks away, Sae-Byeok and Ji-Hoon following after her.

They sit down and begin eating, "amazing mealtime. Really. One egg..." Ji-Hoon says and Hyun-Jung looks at him. "Oh, come on, Ji-Hoon, do you not like eggs?" She says and he shook his head as he aggressively bites into his egg anyway. "Can't complain, not like we can order our meals," she says as she finished her egg and looked around the room.

She spots five people still lining up for food but there was nothing left. "We prepared food for the exact number of players." The man with the square mask tells the five. "Then where are ours? Please, sir, we need to eat!" 271 raised his voice but stopped when a gun is raised and aimed right for his head. "It was prepared for the exact number." The man says.

"Excuse me." All attention went over to the woman who spoke up, pointing. "It was them. They..." She paused, pointing right at 101 and his group of other assholes like him. "Skip the line and got seconds. I saw it." It's quiet and everyone's looking at 101 and the other four. "Hey, what's the matter, everybody? Jeez. You never seen a guy eat before, is that it? Shit." He says before he chuckles.

271, a small short man with a bowl cut, walks over to them, pointing at the group of five. "Who do you think you are? That's my food you just ate." He asked them. "Ah. So, uh, is this yours?" 101 raised his green bottle. "Is your name on it? Cause I sure don't see anything." He says and his friends all laughed at his joke. "Where are we, middle school?" Hyun-Jung muttered making Ji-Hoon glance over at her.

"I'm sorry." 101 scoffs before drinking the beverage and 271 rushed to him, "give me that." He tries to take the drink out of his hands. "Give it back. It's mine. Give it back to me!" They drop the bottle and it shatters into pieces. "You little shit, goddamn it. Why did you break it, you jerk? How was this, huh?" 101 punched the man in the face and 271 fell to the floor.

"How come a scrawny guy like you is so greedy about food?" 101 asked as Hyun-Jung quickly stood up, but yet again, no one did anything. Most likely in fear. "You piece of shit!" He kicks the smaller man who rolls away. "Hey, listen up. You should learn to share. Is it too hard, you dumbass?" 101 kept going, kicking him over and over as everyone watched, not doing a single thing about it. Hyun-Jung wanted to, but she can't move from where she's standing, just watching with worry and fear.

"You bastard! What the hell? You shithead. Shit." He finally stopped and Hyun-Jung glanced over to the masked men, wondering why they aren't doing anything to stop it. 101 simply walked away and Hyun-Jung quickly walked over to 271 on the floor, crouching down. "Sir? Get up... Mister?" She shook his shoulder but he didn't move. She looked to her side right away and saw 218 kneel down beside her, reaching out to the man.

He checked the man's pulse on his neck, looking up then down at the conscious man. He looks over at 456 behind him, "he's gone." He said and Gi-Hun quickly kneeled down on the other side of 271, looking at his face. "Uh, hello, guards. Can someone do something?" He said as Hyun-Jung slowly stood up, hugging her arms to herself. "Hey, didn't you hear that? A person died." Gi-Hun walked over to them.

He pointed, "that man there just died. Look, that man was killed. That bastard... that bastard killed him." He said and they just kept ignoring him as Hyun-Jung's face contorts into anger. "Are you seriously not gonna do anything about it? He just killed aomeone!" She said as she pointed towards the dead body by her.

"He just died! Can't you hear me, huh? Help us now!" Gi-Hun shouts, looking into the camera. "A man just died! We shouldn't be killing each other like this!" He said and Hyun-Jung looked down at the floor, pursing her lips. "Player 271, eliminated." An announcement plays over the speakers and she quickly looked up just as the number of players went down and the cash prize went up by 100 million won.

AUTHORS NOTE
i took a small break because i'm on a trip with my parents for christmas shopping but i'm headed back home today :)