024. Fifth Game.

THE game begins as Player 96 walks up to the edge of the platform, "for this game, you will have 16 minutes. Players must cross the bridge within those 16 minutes. And now, with that, let the game begin. Each player, take off your shoes, then go up to the tiles in order." The man took off his shoes, walking up to the edge and looking between the two tiles.

He spent two minutes trying to decide before the other players got impatient about him wasting time, yelling at him as 101 walks over to him. Clearly threatening him as player 96 keeps telling him he'll go over and over.

"And please try to choose carefully, huh."

The man chose the tile on the left and it was the right one. "You picked right." A man said as they all got excited. "Oh! Yes, that's it. Keep doing that one after the other." The same woman encouraged him. "You got this. Go on." She added on and he jumps to the left one again, only to beeak through the glass.

The woman is next as she stood by the broken glass, trying to make her choice as she glanced back at the first tile. She jumps to the left, but it's the wrong one, yet again as she falls through. Player 62 is next and just standing there, as the others yell at him. He's muttering to himself before he began laughing suddenly. He suddenly moves fast, right, right, left and then Hyun-jung couldn't see much as all of the players exclaim in shock and got in her way.

It wasn't long until the glass shattered again and the man screams. This time, more people went down the tiles, guessing which ones the man jumped on. At some point, four people were on the bridge and the man ahead was hesitating, glancing back at the others to ask them which way the man went.

They advised him to go right or left as the woman said he went left, so the player in the front listened to her, only to be wrong as the man falls to his death. That woman guesses the next tile wrong as well as she falls to her death. By now, Sangwoo is up next to go on the tiles. "There are ten tiles left, and 11 people still playing. If they manage to step on one or two each, the four of us can get across to the end." Gi-hun tells the other three that are left.

"That might not be the case." Sangwoo said as he kicks off his shoes. "If one of those players get scared and start to run down the time, we are in danger at the back of the line." He says as Gi-hun looks at him. The clock was down to 9 minutes and 57 seconds.

Sangwoo got on the tile next as the man in front began praying. Of course. God will definitely get him an answer which tile is the next one. They all began yelling at him and the man behind him jumps to his tile, only for player 244 to push him off to the right tile, he falls through and the priest guy just stands there. He jumps to the left one and Hyun-jung scoffs as she goes up next, taking off her shoes.

The man behind him jumps over, pushing him and he falls through, screaming. Hyun-jung stood there with her mouth gaped open. The man jumps to the right next and got it right so Sae-byeok joins after Hyun-jung, "go on..." She says, "I'm right behind you." She adds as Hyun-jung jumps further. She glanced back and saw Gi-hun just standing there.

"It's the left."

Sae-byeok spoke up first and Gi-hun glanced up at them. "It's the left one." She says and Hyun-jung nods. "Get it together." Sae-byeok says and Gi-hun goes to the left. Hyun-jung looks forward, jumping to the next tile as she tries her best to avoid looking down. She hates heights. The man in the front jumps to the next tile, falling through. There's six pairs of tiles left and six and a half minutes left on the clock.

The man up ahead was Deok-su and he turns around, "hey, everybody, listen! Anyone wanna get across? Well, you better go first then." He shouted. Just as Sangwoo predicted.

"What are you doing?"

"You deaf or what, asshole?"

Of course, he's the one to cause a scene and waste time. "Are you crazy, man? But the rule is we go in order." The man behind 101 says and Deok-su just laughs at him. "You can just kiss my ass. We're in Hell here. There's no rules in Hell. You wanna go so bad? Go ahead." He pointed. "You scumbag!" The other says.

"If you don't move up, I'll push you then."

"Okay. Well then, come on. Then do it! We'll all die here together! Hey, listen, everybody! I'm not dying here for anyone. So come on, let's do this!" He shouted and looked at the man behind him. "Get up here and go ahead. If you don't, we all die. Your choice, dickhead."

"Stop that bullshit, you asshole. The clock is ticking. You gotta go soon." He says. "You'll be waiting here till we're all dead." Deok-su says, before laughing at the man. By now, the timer is down to five minutes. He still won't move, he stood his ground. "Damn it, you better go! Please just go on!" The man yells and Mi-nyeo shoves the man ahead, but Deok-su shoves him off the other side of the bridge.

He turns to Mi-nyeo now, "my God, you're all such idiots." Is all she says and the man doesn't react at first, just staring at her. "Man, you used to act like such a tough guy. Babe, what happened to you? Are you really pulling the shit? Aw, babe, you're pathetic."

"You're just an ugly old bitch, okay." He says angrily, "look, I'm not moving forward. Not at all." He then laughs. "Deok-su. All of these people dead but the worst thing is... I let you fuck me in the bathroom that day." She said and Hyun-jung immediately grimaced, glancing back at Sae-byeok, thinking she was gonna also see Ji-hoon's reaction to that.

But paused when she realized it was Sae-byeok behind her, and not Ji-hoon. She stared for a moment so Sae-byeok noticed. "You okay?" Sae-byeok whispered and she quickly nodded. "Yeah..." She quickly looked back ahead to see Mi-nyeo join Deok-su on his tile, "good luck." The man said and the woman turns to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist tightly, "what are you doing?" The man says.

"You're such an idiot. Did you believe I'd really die so you could go on?" She asked and he laughs, trying to get her arms off but her grip is tight. "Let me go." He demands. "Remember? We said we'd stick together right to the end." She tells the man. "Crazy bitch, let me go! Damn it! Get your fucking hands off me right now! Goddamn it!" He shouted.

"You betrayed me. Now you're going to die."

"No, please. I'll go first, okay? Huh?" He said but she merely chuckles. "Let me go, please! Please!" He yells again. "Coward. Deok-su. I need you to know... you've got such a tiny dick." She said and he gets even more furious. "You goddamn bitch!" On that cue, Mi-nyeo leaned back and Deok-su screams as they fall to their deaths, shattering the glass.

AUTHORS NOTE
mi-nyeo's girlboss moment 💅