009: Mealtime.

AND there she was, standing on the same spot she had been picked up before. She feels nervous as she waited patiently. She thinks of Ji-Hoon and hopes their plans of winning together will work when the vehicle pulls up to the side of the road. She got in and it was the same again, smoking come out when she got in that made her fall asleep instantly.

And then there she was again, sitting up slowly as the same classical music plays over the speakers. She sighs, looking around and saw Ji-Hoon walking up to her. "Hey," he said and stood next to her bed and she stood up. "Ready to do this together?" She smiles.

"Yeah, Hyun-Jung..."

She looks up at the big screen and saw the numbers say 187. "Others must be desperate too..." She says and Ji-Hoon points. "Even the woman who hasn't named her kid." He says and she raised her brows at the sight of the curly haired woman. 212. "Think she named her kid yet?" He looks at her, sounding amused and she chuckles softly, shrugging.

As they walk into the middle, Hyun-Jung looked to the side and saw that girl from before that was fighting with 101 and 456. She's already looking Hyun-Jung's way. When 067 looks away, Hyun-Jung is curious and saw 101 was standing in front of her with three other men.

She watched as 067 told him off and then Ji-Hoon tugs on her sleeve, making her quickly look at him. "What's up?" He says and Ji-Hoon just looks at her. "What do you think is gonna be the next game?" He asked her and she just looked around, shrugging her shoulders.

"Attention. Your mealtime begins now. All players, please form a line in the center of the room. Let me repeat the instruction. Attention. Your mealtime begins now. All players, please form a line in the center of the room." The announcement plays over the speakers so everyone walks to the middle as Hyun-Jung stayed where she was, glancing around as everyone lines up and she lines up right behind Ji-Hoon. They walk up to the front where a guard each hand them their food.

"I wonder what it is..." She said curiously as her and Ji-Hoon walk over to the steps near where her bed was. They open their containers and it's rice with a fried egg, with some sides. "Oh..." She says and glanced at Ji-Hoon who immediately digs in. "This reminds me of when I was a kid when..." He stopped suddenly and Hyun-Jung looked over at him.

"324?" She said with a soft tone as if it was a touchy subject. And it is, judging by his reaction as he merely swallows his food and scoops up some more rice. "Yeah..." He said and took the bite into his mouth. "His name was Min-Ho, and we met through our moms... We weren't close at all at first until we were teens. And then we were inseparable. Suddenly we both ended up here... I didn't think he'd care that I was here, but he had a plan of how to win together." He said as he looked down at his food.

"Oh..." Hyun-Jung says sadly as she looked away, pursing her lips together. "I'm sure he'll be so happy when we win together." She said as she smiled widely, glancing at him.

As night time came and they were ordered to go to sleep, Hyun-Jung looked at Ji-Hoon with a slightly sad look. He just smiled, "Goodnight, Hyun-Jung." He says to her and she forces a small smile back. "Goodnight, Ji-Hoon..." She says as he walked away.

While trying to sleep, Hyun-Jung held the blanket tightly to her chest and closed her eyes. But the silence in the room is interrupted shortly. "Hey, hey, hey! Open the door, you jerks! I have to pee really bad, right now! Don't you jerks ever take a leak? Let me use the restroom! I gotta go now! Hey, just let me use the bathroom for one second. Jeez, come on! Look, it's mostly men in here, okay? Want a puddle here?" Her shrieking makes Hyun-Jung roll her eyes and cover her ears but then again at the mention of going to the restroom, she suddenly felt like going as well.

But she doesn't wanna go with her. "Damn it! Damn you, scumbags! I hope you're ashamed. Treat us like humans, damn it! Who do you think you are? Hey, Triangle. I don't need you. Get me your superior. Just get me that square head guy!" The woman yells and the other guard does come to the door, informing her she can't leave the room past their curfew.

"Damn it. You masked guys think you control when I'm supposed to pee, huh?" They close the window slot on her. "Oh, what the... You freaking bastards!" Hyun-Jung sighed at the sound of the woman banging on the door. "You don't think I'll go pee right here and now? Shit! Here I go. You all ready to hear some rain?"

The door opens and Hyun-Jung is quick to get up and walk over to the door. "Follow me." The man tells the woman who was previously threatening to pee on the floor. "Damn, people won't listen to someone until they start screaming at you." 212 says before walking over. Hyun-Jung cuts in, "I gotta go." She says.

"Me too." She quickly looks to her side to see 067 standing right behind her. 212 looks at them both, "oh, yeah?" She scoffs and Hyun-Jung looks at her right away. "I beg to get the damn toilet, and you two are gonna sit right on top of it like that?" She asked and reached up, poking their heads with her fingers.

"You're pretty annoying girls, aren't you?" What the fuck did Hyun-Jung ever do to her? She looks at the guard, rolling her eyes before walking past 212 and 067 follows her. "What rude little brats!" 212 says about them.

AUTHORS NOTE
the scene of them eating annoys me mostly because the sound of their teeth on the spoons IRKS ME SO MUCHHH 😭