013: Fight Back.

IT was like everything changed by that point, the way everyone watched as the money filled up the big piggy bank. The doors opened and in came the guards to pack up the body in the black coffin with a big pink bow on it. It was like ideas filled people's minds.

Hyun-Jung can sense it.

The change. There was a timer that was going down from thirty minutes as she sat with Sae-Byeok and Ji-Hoon yet again. "They're gonna try something... I know it." She said suddenly, her eyes on the group that went in line again to get seconds. "That's why we're not going to sleep tonight..." Ji-Hoon says, glancing at her. "We may not get targeted, but your new ally might." He nods to Sae-Byeok.

"It's better you two just didn't associate with me from the first place..." She said, blankly staring ahead and Hyun-Jung looked at her right away. "No. We got your back. We're stronger in numbers, right, Ji-Hoon?" She looked to the boy on her right side who nods.

"So, we don't sleep. We fight back..."

While they're sitting there, talking quietly amongst themselves, Hyun-Jung noticed 101 looking their way. Specifically at Sae-Byeok. "Who was he to you?" She asked suddenly, looking to the other girl. "Someone who... took me in, gave me a home, but it was when I was in desperate need of help." The girl explains, looking off to the side.

Hyun-Jung decides not to pry, slowly nodding her head. "Hey pickpocket." The three look up at Gi-Hun right away standing before them. He also nods to Ji-Hoon and Hyun-Jung before looking at Sae-Byeok. "It looked like you and that thug really had it out for each other." He says and Hyun-Jung can tell he seems worried. "So what?" Sae-Byeok says.

"Tonight, if anything happens, we'll all meet in my bed right there. Are you in?" He glanced at the other two beside the girl as well. "I already have her on my side. I'll be fine." She says, nodding to Hyun-Jung beside her and Gi-Hun gestured to them, "they can join us too... if they're your friends." She says and Sae-Byeok merely looked away. "I don't trust people. But I got her back and she has mine. Got it?"

"I just needed to ask. You're all welcome to join us..." Gi-Hun said before walking away and Hyun-Jung glanced at her. "I think he's reliable... he seems like a good guy." She says before she looks over to where Gi-Hun is.

As the timer goes down to five minutes, everyone seemed to be getting ready to get into bed and Hyun-Jung is sitting in hers when Sae-Byeok comes over to her. "Come to me once it starts... I got you." She whispers and Hyun-Jung quickly nods, turning her head to be face to face with the girl who slowly leans away.

"Goodnight." The short haired girl says and the long haired girl just started at her, feeling her face become warm. "Hey, are you okay?" She quickly looks to her side and saw Ji-Hoon kneeling down by her bed.

She nods, reaching out and putting her hand over his arm. "Are you?" She asked, staring at him and he nods softly. "I'll be by your side in a heartbeat, alright? If something does happen..." He says quietly and she nods. "Sae-Byeok told me to go to her... meet me there by her bed when it happens." She says and he nods, standing up as the announcement plays that there was thirty seconds left.

As the timer clicks down, Hyun-Jung covers herself with her blanket and closed her eyes. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one." She opened her eyes the moment the lights turned off and tensed up. They even closed the yellow light on the piggy bank.

Nothing happened. For a while, and then just three beds away, Hyun-Jung heard it. "You heard us, huh?" The girl flipped over to the man, screaming then she got stabbed. She quickly sat up, panting as everyone is screaming and yelling. She quickly got out of bed, hesitating as she looked around in the pitch dark. Beds began getting tipped over and then someone grabs her waist, she screams.

She flails in their embrace but she quickly stopped, "it's me. Relax." She knows that voice as the hand on her waist squeezed gently. "Come with me..." Sae-Byeok leads the way as lights flickered on and off above them. In thwir hiding spot, Hyun-Jung looks around as Sae-Byeok flips out her knife.

"Ji-Hoon. Where's Ji-Hoon?" She looked around just when someone wraps a blanket around Sae-Byeok's throat. "Let her go!" Hyun-Jung said but some other guy grabs her from behind, holding her waist tightly as he laughs. 101 came up to Sae-Byeok as Hyun-Jung struggles to get out of the other man's grip. Sae-Byeok kicks 101 away as Hyun-Jung elbows the man behind her in the waist before turning around quickly to face him.

She raised her knee and hit him right in the groin before punching him in the neck. "Hey! Let her go!" She said when she saw 101 push Sae-Byeok against the wall, strangling her. But she didn't need help as Sae-Byeok had hit him in the crotch area. He goes to pick up the knife but Hyun-Jung kicks it away, making him turn to her right away. Just as she backs away, another man jumps out and attacks him.

"Sae-Byeok?" Hyun-Jung looks around and bumps into Ji-Hoon who's covered in blood. "Holy shit. Are you okay?" She raised her hands to his face before grabbing his arms. "No... no. It was... the guy in front of me. He-he got attacked by that thug there." He said and looked around. "Where's your new friend?"

"I can't find her... let's go to player 456."

AUTHORS NOTE
when the old guy is pleading for it to stop i was like "🥺 that's so sad he's so scared" then they hit us with the fact he was the mastermind behind it all, i went "🤨 nvm get him"