Chapter 30: Fireworks

Fireworks

"Ow!"

"I'm sorry, Freya-Chan!"

"Damn that Laxus!"

I growled as Wendy touched my face again. As she began to heal me again, I made eye contact with Laxus. He was standing a few feet away from me with the Thunder God Tribe. They were all staring at me. I looked away and my eyes found Gajeel, Levy, and Lily. He was okay.

Gajeel had woken up right after Natsu and I walked off the battlefield. Gajeel looked over at me and we both stared at each other for a moment. Then he nodded his head at me and looked back at Levy and Lily. The Dragon Slayer was surprised that he had lost to me but I could sense that he had some respect for me. I also had some respect for him, also. I had respect that he had lasted as long as he did against me.

"Ow, Wendy!" The little Mage apologized again and went back to work on my eye. "The lightning completely destroyed you're left eye, Freya-Chan." Wendy muttered regretfully, as if she had done it herself. "Wendy, you didn't do this. It isn't your fault, I'm sorry I yelled at you." Wendy smiled, "Don't worry, Freya-Chan, I can fix you." I smiled and nodded my head, "I know you can."

I looked up to the sky and smiled softly. The thunderclouds had gone away and now beautiful, twinkling stars shone brightly in the sky. I haven't even realized how late it had gotten. My Guild Mates had come over to me after I had walked off the battlefield. They had laughed and congratulated me.

Then Cana and even Gramps had yelled how some of my Guild Mates owed them money. I had tried to laugh with them, but that had just hurt my body. Natsu had brought me to Wendy, like he had promised that he would. Then, after making sure that I was okay with Wendy, he had left.

"Close you're eye for me, okay?" Wendy asked me softly.
I closed my eye and behind my eyelid I saw a very light shade of blue light flash. After a moment it was gone. I opened my eye and...I could see. I could see out of both them. I smiled at Wendy as I put my fingers gingerly to my left eye. Everything was a little blurry and the color of everything seemed a bit off.

But I didn't care in the slightest, I could see!

"Arigato, Wendy!" I said happily as I put my hand to the back of her head and pulled her head to my chest in a form of a hug. She giggled, "I'm happy that I could help you, Freya-Chan!" I chuckled and I let her go.

I winced when I tried to move my fingers. Wendy frowned and grabbed them, "Don't worry about that. This will only take a moment." She used her Healing Magic and then my fingers were healed in a matter of seconds. I think her once again and tried to stand. I masked the flash of pain that shot through my back.

I didn't want Wendy to use too much of her Magic on me. She was already looking pale and tired. So I waved goodbye and began to walk away. I glanced one last time at Laxus, to find him already staring at me. I put my hand in the air and flick my wrist at him. He blinked at me, put his hands in his pocket, looked away, and began walking away with his friends right behind him.

Just before he was lost from view, he glanced back at me, and I could've sworn that I saw him smile. See you later, Laxus, thanks for the fun.

I chuckled as I made my way through the massive sea of people, suddenly I felt someone staring at me. I glanced over my shoulder and searched the crowd. I saw a flash of orange hair, than nothing. I blinked and nearly ripped off Natsu's arm when he suddenly put his hand on my shoulder.

I looked over at his smiling face and winced when I took a good look. He had bruises and cuts all up and down his cheeks. The rest of his face hasn't been sparred, either. Before I could even think twice about my actions, I had already gently cupped his face. "Oh, Natsu, are you alright?" Natsu let out an amused breath. "Ah, I'm fine. What about you?" I just nodded, still worried about him.