36. The Final Showdown

*Eleanor's POV*

I carried my bow in my hand, gripping it extremely tight, to the point where my knuckles turned white. My eyes danced to every corner, in search of the Pale one. The thought of him fleeing or hiding once again circled through my mind, seeming real with every second that passed. If it was possible, I would get more frustrated if that was the case. Azog needs to be killed, once and for all. I want to be the one to end him. That's the only way I will feel truly free. I sure do hope the others are alright. I hope Fili is safe where he is. I hope the company are giving it their all in this battle. Despite Thorin's words at the gate, I desire he is also doing well.
Thorin. I forgot about him this entire time. Oh how I wish I could apologize to him for how I behaved back then. My heart aches for him and his whereabouts. For all this chaos that has been happening. About the thought Thorin does not know about his fallen younger nephew. He will be devastated once he is informed of the news.

Small tunnels, a lot of ice and slippery stairs are what I have been walking through for the past twenty minutes. The occasional Orc would come around and it wasn't hard to get rid of it at all. My feet were no longer on the cold concrete, but on the large frozen large.

Suddenly, a surprise attack from an Orc caught me off guard, pushing me to the icy floor as it raised its bow and shot an arrow through my shoulder. I cried out in pain, the arrow piercing my skin felt as it were on fire, making the feeling twice as unbearable as it should. Before it could fire another arrow, I grabbed one from my quiver and shot it, going straight through its head.
Wincing in pain, I carefully grasped the arrow with my left hand and managed to swiftly pull it out. But the Orc's arrow seemed...different than my own. I wasn't sure what exactly it was.

Standing on my feet, I noticed something in the distance. With my Elven vision, I could clearly see who they were. An enormous pale Orc. Azog. Along with him was a familiar black-haired dwarf. My eyes widened in realization of who that was.
"Thorin," I whispered aloud. My heart was beating rapidly at the sight. Thorin was on the floor whilst Azog was attempting to thrust his sword in him. The Dwarf King did not look as if he could hold him off any longer. Before I could even move, I saw Thorin give up, allowing Azog to plunge his sword in Thorin's chest.

I wanted to cry out. I truly did. I wanted to curse the name of Azog. But I knew I couldn't at the moment. My attempt at pushing back my tears somewhat failed as some escaped and traveled down my cheeks.

I knocked an arrow in my bow and fired it towards Azog, causing the arrow to pierce his right leg. He grunted in pain as he looked down and took it out. He slowly turned around and his icy blue eyes landed on mine. As soon as he saw me, his lips curled into a malicious smile as he slowly proceeded towards me. Finally stopping mid-way, I unsheathed my sword and held it up in defense.

"Surprise," I spoke. "I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me."

"Indeed. After all, I sent that Orc after you to kill you. Although he failed, I did see him shoot you with that poison arrow." Azog's voice was like acid seeping through my skin. That's also what my shoulder felt like. I knew there was something to it. My shoulder at this point was searing with pain that it was difficult to keep my sword aimed at Azog.

"A job well done of killing him, I must say. He was one of my best fighters." He continued. "And the poison is already taking affect." He devilishly smiled at me when he heard my grunts of pain.

"You stabbed him." I said. "He's dead, isn't he? Isn't he?" I bellowed, wincing at the burning sensation that was building up in my shoulder.

"He's still alive. But not for much longer."

"You seem so proud of yourself for killing innocent people, don't you think?" I scoffed at him.

"Especially when it's those who I've sworn to get rid off. Oakenshield, the black-haired archer; although I was impressed at your attempt of saving the blonde dwarf. " He said coldly. I slightly knitted my eyebrows in confusion.