Part 119

There was a noticeable yet unknown emotion in the air, it combined with a silence that made Y/N look to the corner of his eyes, checking to see what bothered Sienna.

He knew exactly what it was, but not how it bothered her. He wasn't exactly going to tell her of his relationships, but now keeping it a secret had some sway in her.

Did he care what she thought of him? No, not really. But there was the fact of it looking like infidelity, and that didn't sit well with Glynda returning soon.

Releasing a deep sigh, he spoke with a firm tone. "I'm guessing you want an explanation?"

Sienna had been staring at her scroll, reading the same line of text over and over again after each time she lost her train of thought. Until she heard his sigh, his voice.

"It'd be nice." She replied in a near mutter.

She could see him in the corner of her eye, shifting with a small but visible wince.

Despite the current situation, Y/N found humor in its incredulous nature, knowing he wasn't in any trouble but still having to explain it all.

He chuckled to himself while relaxing his shoulder. "The first to many, I guess."

His relaxed and warm behavior lured in Sienna's curiosity. "What?"

He waved it off before his eyes were set on the ceiling, piecing the words together in his mind. "I was in a pretty-unique situation."

He went on to explain his divorce with Glynda, what led up to it and what followed, while purposely leaving out his own adventures.

It led up to the point where he met Harriet, a young woman and talented Specialist that seemed like any other grunt in the military.

He told her of the little adventures they had during their team missions, and her sudden attraction he could not return.

Then suddenly, he dipped a hand under his shirt collar, pulling out and revealing a ring looped into a small chain.

"I met my wife nearly five years ago when I was still in the dumps... Her name was Guinevere, but everyone called her Sangria."

The way he stared at the ring, longingly caressing it's smudged metal, told Sienna he missed her greatly and has yet gotten over her death.

"At the time I was convinced I left my old life behind, but I couldn't forget her, not even our daughter..."

He cleared his throat, fighting off a rush of emotions and vivid memories.

"When I felt tired, Harriet was there... It was before the whole attack where we talked, and-somewhere in there we got things reversed. She doesn't seem to mind though, and neither do I... it's why we're giving this relationship a shot."

He released a deep sigh while Sienna sat silent, attentive.

"Word got out about me, that's how Glynda found me. She came here as soon as she could, I guess me almost dying was the breaking point... But then she tells me-things. The sort of things I always wanted to hear or things I feel the same about."

He slipped his ring back under his shirt, now speaking with a hint of humor in his voice. "I found myself loving two women, but I could never be with the other. And now that she's back I was still here with Harriet. Thankfully we worked something out."

That piqued Sienna's interest, as it was something she knew of.

"A polygamous relationship?" She asked with a frown.

Y/N had heard the word from Maya before, he assumed it was a faunus thing that almost offended Glynda.

"I guess so." Y/N replied with a somewhat somber chuckle.