Part 160

Walking. That's all Raven had done since she arrived in Anima, the only thing of note, anyway.

There was something better to it, tranquil, even. It was better than falling asleep in a transport that's for sure.

She enjoyed it while it lasted, because she knew she wouldn't cover enough ground on her own.

However, it always got to her, the silence, how raw and intimidating it felt. Before, she cherished such moments, but now all it did was serve as a horrible reminder to her mistakes.

Life would have been different if she hadn't left, she could be home now, spending her days with Yang and her once husband.

Going even further back, she could of worked something out, been more fair or reasonable with Y/N. It may of been strange, but she would of had something to love than fear.

A heavy sigh left her lips before she shook her head, thus shaking away the onslaught of memories she hated.

Stopping in her long walk, she got a good look around, to scope out the area that had suddenly fallen quiet.

Before, she listened to the rustle of leaves and chirp of local wildlife, but now, now it was deathly silent.

Drawing one foot back in a smooth shuffle, Raven then drew her sword with its sheath remaining in her offhand.

"You can come out now." She called out to the surrounding trees and overgrown shrubs.

Of course, Raven never expected them to come out, whoever it was that was out there had no intentions on talking, they preferred actions over words.

Hearing a metallic click within one of the nearby shrubs, she reacted, bending her knees and reinforcing her muscles with her aura.

Before a loud pop occurred, she had jumped, disappearing within the heavy greenery looming over her just in time for a hidden firing squad to miss their surprise volley.

There was a minuscule pause, just enough for the confusion to settle in and for Raven to descend with her now purple blade plunging into the ground.

The brittle blade shattered upon activation of her aura, yet its raw destructive power was more than worth the cost of another.

Within the span of a second, the highly concentrated gravity Dust was dispelled into the ground and webbed outward, spreading all around her.

Next, the gravity set in, exploding upward in a mix that made her enemies weightless before suddenly amplifying, even doubling the natural gravity.

Nearly two dozen assailants were suspended in the air, and every one of them were suddenly crushed to the ground, no doubt losing their breath or having the wind knocked out of them.

In the towering display of power, Raven stowed her empty hilt, allowing her mechanical sheathe to cycle in a new crimson blade that showered the ground in cinders when pulled free.

When the bits of rock and soil came showering down, it created a makeshift smokescreen, completely blinding her enemy.

Using her sixth sense, Raven was able to feel their presence, making the need for physical vision obsolete.

She capitalized on their stunned states, taking off in a blinding dash where she hacked and slashed through the settling dirt until but one remained.

Within the dusty grove, Raven loomed over her final assailant as they lied there, choking and gagging on the overwhelming dust that finally fell or was carried away in a gust of wind.

The pure terror Raven inspired was enough to make anyone flee, especially this poor little soul that trembled at the sight of her revealed irises.

"Who are you?" She asked, her voice low and threatening.