Chapter 23

Bella P.O.V

"Edward, that still doesn't give you a reason to beat someone up," I said, "we're probably not aloud in that restaurant anymore."

He frowned, "Are you seriously more worried about that fucking restaurant then what I just said?" He snapped.

"I don't get what you're trying to say! You need to beat everyone who looks at me? What are you trying to say, Edward? God damn it!" I look away. "You're seriously confusing me, I don't know what we are. I don't know what are your real feelings for me!"

"Are you really that stupid to see?!" He yelled.

"I'm not stupid, I'm confused! What do you want, Edward! What do you want?" I shout. At this point in our discussion, I knew people that were walking by were now looking at us as a crazy couple. I don't know if we're even a couple. Sometimes I doubt if we are even if he says we are.

"Why can't you understand that you're everything that I want?!" He yelled, punching the top of the car right next to my head. "How hard is it to see, Isabella? I'm doing everything I can to protect you from the son-of-a-bitch that's stalking you, I never want to let you go, what else do I have to do for your stupid little immature head understand that I want only you?!"

Tears start pouring down my cheeks, why am I so confused? I wipe my tears away and look at him.

"Take me home," I cry, opening the door of the car.

He walks to the other side and gets in the drivers seat. The engine of the Audi R8 that roars to life and he heads back home. The entire ride back is quiet, extremely quiet. I lay my head back, looking out the window, ignoring the growls that come from Edward.

When we reach my house, I get out of the car and run inside my house. It doesn't take long until he reaches me and pulls me over his shoulders. I growl as he takes me inside and put me on the ground.

"We need to talk," he growled.

"Edward, I... think we should probably give each other some time," I sighed.

"You're leaving me?" He asked, all sign of anger has been replaced with fear.

"No, it's just that I can't deal with your jealousy, your anger, Edward."

"You can't leave me," he growled, taking his hands and gripping his hair. For a moment I think he's gonna pull it but he doesn't. "Bella, you can't leave."

"I'm not leaving, I just need time," I cry. "There's so much going on it's confusing me..."

He walked around the room and finally stopped. He looked back at me with his hypnotic state that makes my knees melt, my heart pound and my body shiver.

"Look at me right in the eyes and tell me you want me to leave," he orders. "Tell me you want me to leave you, Bella."

I bite my lip, knowing there's no way I can let him go. I'm addicted to this man as much as he's addicted to me. I want him with or without his anger, with or without his jealousy, with or without his control. The simple image of seeing him with another women drives me mad, insane just like him.

I pace right up to him and crash my lips right on his, pulling him closer to me.

                                   ~ ~ ~

His hand slowly ran down my spine with his index finger, looking at me with... admiration?

"You don't want me to go," he said.

I shook my head.

"Do you want to take this to another level?" He asked.

"How?"

"Come live with me," he said, as if it was the most easiest thing in the world.

"What?"

"Yeah. I want you close where I can keep am eye on you and keep you safe from that son-of-a-bitch that tries to hurt you."

"I can't live with you."

"Why not?" He frowned, looking upset.

"Because we barely know each other," I say. "I'll be okay."

"Bella, you almost have a nervous breakdown," he snapped.

"Edward." I sit up, pulling the blanket over my chest to cover my chest. "Don't you think that we should probably take this slow. Step by step and see how this turns out."

"Okay." He sits up and kisses me on the cheek. He cups my face between his hands and says, "I just want you to understand that if I lost you, that would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me."

I smile. "The feeling is mutual."

Later that night a loud bang woke us both up. I sat up, Edward right next to me with a frown.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know," he yawned. "It's probably nothing, come on, we have to s-"

"Ah!" I cried when another bang was heard. He covered my mouth put his index finger on his lips.

"It's not here. Stay here." He gets up from the bed.

"No, no, please don't leave me!" I cried.

He walked up to the window and looked out, not too much so no one can see anything. He reaches over and grabs the gun that lays on the table next to the bed. There's a deep moment of silence where nothing other the sound of our own breathing can be heard.

Just when my heart starts to control its pounding, a loud, painful cry sounds, making me jump and cover the my own scream. Edward runs to the other window and looks. The cry keeps on going making me cover my ears.

"Something has gone wrong next door," he says, putting his clothing on.

"No, don't go!" I cry.

"Bella, they need help," he growled. "Stay here and lock the door."

But I do the opposite. I grab my robe and follow him, but he doesn't stop me. Maybe having me closer is better to insure my safety.

When we walk out, most of the neighbors are out of their homes, too. I walk down the side walk right behind Edward. The front door is busted open, the doorknob is broken. The cries are slightly fainting but the closer we get it's sounds more like two people are crying.

"Hello?" Edward walks in. "Are you okay?" He asked, reaching over the back of his shirt where he tucked in his gun.

"Why?! Who would do this?!" The women cried.

"Mrs. Gonzalez?" I say.

Edward and I slowly walk up the stairs. When we reach the top floor there's only one door open, one light coming out of that room. Edward grabs his gun and with his free arm he pulls me back when we get closer to the door.

My heart seems to pound harder each second we get closer to the door. My hands are sweaty and my body shivers. I feel like my knees can bent in any second.

"Why?!" The women cried.

Edward walks in the room and freezes. I follow suit and see the horrible scene I never thought I would see in my entire life.

Mr. And Mrs. Gonzalez are on the ground, crying hysterically. On the bed lies Jessica, their fourteen year old daughter with her hands tied behind her back, taped mouth and blood pouring out of her side of her pink pajama shirt.

April 20, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324