Chapter 36

Bella P.O.V

Mike rolls on his stomach, growling in pain. Edward kicks him on his ribs over and over. He looks beat up, messed up. I crawl away as far as I can until my back hits the wall. My body is rejecting any order my brain is yelling right now. I can't stand up, I can't run, I'm frozen right where I am. I'm so in shock I never notice Edward picks me up. If I weren't in shock I would've slapped him, tell him fuck off and give me an explanation but I don't. Instead I let him carry me out of the room.

I couldn't help to look back at the room. My heart jumps to my throat when I see Mike running towards us, his eyes burning red and his face covered in sweat. "Edward, watch out!" I scream but it was too late. Mike impacts against Edward and we both hit the stairs. I roll down the stairs, my head impacting the railing every single time.

There's a loud breaking sound, but I'm not sure what is it. I'm barely able to move when I land at the bottom of the stairs, face down. I hiss in pain, trying to move my arms but the ache makes it impossible to move. Slowly, I turn to the stairs and see the railing is gone, Mike is stumping down the stairs holding the knife that I stabbed him with on his left hand. Where's Edward? Did he fall off the railing? He must be okay, it's not that really of a high fall. He has to be okay.

Mike reachs out for me, grabbing me by my hair and pulls me up to my feet. I cry out when my neck is yanked around, it's probably fractured. I have no time to recover when suddenly his fist impacts my right cheek, knocking me off on the ground. The air is knocked out of my body when his legs impacts my stomach. The hot blood starts to rush to my face, my heart pounding is becoming louder and louder, almost at the point it's deafening. My body can barely move as I continue to receive punches and kicks from Mike. I'm vulnerable, I'm scared.

When he finally stops I spit out blood, trying to crawl away. My entire body is aching, I can't breath. It's hard to catch my breath. I'm starting to feel cold. I roll on my back, looking at the ceiling. My vision has become blurry with all the tears running down my cheeks. I can see Mike standing next to me with a noticeable grin. He's playing with the knife in his hand as he continues to stare at me as I struggle to breathe.

It's hard to breathe. My lungs, my chest hurt, it's like they're on fire. I'm on fire. I can't breathe through my nose, I can barely get any air through my mouth. I turn my head to the stairs, searching for Edward. It's hard to see but he's there, trying to stand up, trying to fight. When I get a clear sight of his expression I see he's hurt, he's in pain. Not physical pain but emotional, he's been through this but how can I believe his pain is real?

He stands up straight taking deep breaths. "Get away from her," he growls. A growl that doesn't sound human at all, it makes my skim crawl.

Mike rolls his eyes, standing up. "Please," I beg with a cracked voice. "Don't... Don't... Hurt him," I beg, crying, trying to speak even when my voice is barely audible. "Kill... Me... Not-not him. Please!"

Mike doesn't listen to me, he continues to stare at Edward who stares back. How is he able to keep on standing on his feet when he fell off the railing? Mike starts walking toward Edward, moving the knife in his left hand, staring down at Edward who glares back at him. Edward doesn't move, doesn't attempt to attack, he just stares at Mike who is the one with a weapon, the one who can easily attack him, finish him off.

Ignoring the pain, even when it's hard to ignore, I try my best to get out. Growling, hissing and crying in pain. I hold on the kitchen counter trying to stay on my feet even when they are begging for some sort of relief just like my entire body is. I see the horrible glass blender on the counter, that shit never worked like it supposed to and the price was incredibly high.

I grab it, the weight takes my by surprise because of how weak I feel right now. I look over at Edward and see he's having problems with Mike, as he pinned him down on the floor, with the knife pointing straight at his face. Edward is trying to get him off, his face is bright red. I have to help him, I need to help him.