Chapter 31

Bella P.O.V

It's been two weeks and he still hasn't woken up. Two long, awful and painful weeks without seeing his eyes, his cocky smile, kissed his lips. He saved the little girl, Rachel, who comes once a week after school to see him. She's really sweet and says she'll be in debt with him the rest of her life, even if she's only ten. She comes and sits with me and makes me company. Her mother says that Rachel decided to come until the day he wakes up and she can finally say thank you. She wasn't hurt much, Edward made sure to protect her body with his.

Two weeks and I already miss him. I sit here, waiting for him to wake up and finally get to kiss him, at least one more time. I haven't left his side, not even for a second but only when I go home and take a quick shower and come back. My brothers and the girls come to make me company, tell me I have to stay strong. I wonder where is his family, where's his father and his mother, why aren't they here?

"Bella, you look tired. You should probably go home and rest," Alice said. "Come on, I'll stay here to keep an eye on him."

I shook my head without looking at her, my eyes are locked on Edward's face.

"At least eat something," Jasper said. I shook my head, again. I've lost all my appetite. "God dammit, Isabella! Please, don't do this to yourself!"

I don't answer but keep my eyes locked on Edward. Jasper sighs and says he'll be back with food, he kisses Alice and then me on the cheek and walks out of the room.

"Have you read the journal?" Alice asked.

I looked over at it on the table next to Edward's bed and shake my head. I haven't heard anything about the subject and now I'm not interested. Edward is my only worry, the only thing that matters to me right now.

"You have to, Bella," she said.

"I have more important things to do, Alice," I said.

"Like, what? Sit around waiting for Edward to wake up? Bella, he's in this state because he wanted to help you finish this. If you're not going to read it, okay but at least give it to the police so they know what they're up against."

At first I took her words as if it was my fault Edward was here but I know Alice would never say such thing to me. What she really meant was that we both are willing to finish this and the reason we went to see Mrs. Gonzales - who shall rest in peace - was because we knew she would give us the answers. Now Edward is here, he risked his life by going there and we didn't realize it.

"I'll read it," I say looking at the notebook.

After an hour or so Jasper, Alice and I eat. Mr. Newton came to see how things are going, he gave me an apology for what happened and said I shouldn't worry about my job and that I could take as much time as I want because of what happened to Edward. Emmett and Rose came to make me some company and by ten at night it's finally me and Edward.

I stare at the notebook, doubting if now was the right time to read but if it's not now, then when? The police doesn't know we have this big piece of evidence but I want to know what I'm up against before giving this up.

I finally grab it and open it to the first page. Elizabeth Dawson. That's the title but there's only pictures of her murder printed. Only the information about her is her death, nothing else. I pass through the pages and see all thirteen women who got murdered by this monster before Jessica. Jessica investigated them, all of them, their jobs, hobbies, family, everything except for Elizabeth.

I read through the pages and find a lot of stuff the police never told me. Each of these women were my age, they had jobs which they were all fired from. Each one of then was fired from their job. Family members died unexpectedly. In process of losing their house and medical records with phycologists. Every single one of them expect for Elizabeth, why didn't Jessica investigate Elizabeth? The police didn't have that much information about her either.