Part 5 - The Start of a Saved Nation

When they woke the next day, they felt refreshed and able to do just about anything. Of course, first things first, they were hungry, and they needed to fill up before they went out again. The journey to the harbor would take a little while, but not as long as it was to Wangshu Inn.

"Thank you for talking to me yesterday. I feel a lot better about this."

"Anytime! I'm always there for friends when they need me."

"Of course, but don't think this is a one-sided friendship."

Xue nods and they head back down, order their food, eat, and they are back on their way. There was a soft breeze, but it made Venra's hair get in her face. The wind was stronger up higher, and just that fact made Xue grin. "So, have you been to the Harbor before? Like even just looking at the town?" Venra shakes her head. "I'm usually posted in Mondstadt. I don't get much of a chance to wander off away from there unless, like now, for instance, I have something specific to do here." She nods, understanding. "I probably shouldn't ask what you all do." Venra laughs. "Don't worry about it, I don't do that much political stuff or anything. I try to stay away from that and I'm more into what's going on with the nations, and its people."

"Then why are you so invested in Mondstadt? I feel like you aren't just always posted there, there has to be a reason. Maybe because you're always close to problems and conflicts?"

Venra suddenly gets quiet, and Xue realizes she's asked too much.

"I-I'm sorry can we-"

"No. You're fine."

"But you-"

"No, Xue. Don't worry about it. I'm just not ready to tell you yet."

"I...okay..."

They keep walking, a little quiet until they reach the harbor. It was a bright, lively place, but it still didn't feel the same as her hometown. Yet, she could sense that there was some tenseness throughout the town. She also felt like Childe was also there. Oh great, what is he planning right now...

They walk in, and the bright lights temporarily blind her. She covers her eyes, not expecting how bright it would be compared to her hometown. "Pretty bright, huh?" Xue asks. "Yeah, seriously..." She looks up, mesmerized by the pure beauty of the place. It had a graceful approach, and it had a very delicate design. The architecture...it was perfect. They walked further in, Venra still looking around. Xue looked over and grinned. I don't blame Venra for being so observant. She has to know her surroundings better so she knows what to do if something bad happens. Also, it's such a beautiful place, who wouldn't?

They wander through the crowded streets and realize that the people were completely oblivious. Not that they did it on purpose, they just had no idea about what would happen to their beautiful town. Venra puts on a serious, more professional face that Xue had no idea she could do. "Do you know which Archon rules Liyue?" Xue asks. Venra nods. "Rex Lapis, isn't it?"

"That's what many call him."

"He's doing a good job on keeping this place in check. It looks beautiful."

"Well, every year, before it starts, he descends and gives a kind of prediction on what the year will bring them. Either whether it's the marketing industry or just life in general."

"Wow. That's impressive."

They make their way to the pharmacy, just wandering around, looking. Venra sees something bright out of the corner of her eye. She looks over towards the entrance of the pharmacy, and well, well, well, it's the man we all know and love...you guessed it, Childe. Venra sees him and quickly ushers Xue away. In a whisper, she says "We can't let him know we're here. The messenger must've told Childe my request not to help him. Being here is extremely risky." The two of them walk faster, Xue's earrings make a slight jingle as they walk past. As the two of them get farther and farther away, Childe grins, and walks away from the pharmacy, after catching his breath after laughing.