Chapter Two

I woke up gasping for air, sweating and shaking. I felt a cool hand brushing my hair back and another hand interwined with mine. A pair of lips gently kissed me on the cheek, which belonged to Calum.

'Shhh, it's okay, everything's okay.' He said, cuddling me. My dream was a replay of three weeks ago, when my brother and I were shot. Unfortunately after I passed out, Beau passed away. I was rushed to the hospital and only got out about a week and a half ago.

'I miss him so much.' I said to Calum.

'I know, I miss him too.' He said, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb, just like he did when Beau and I were shot. They caught my dad, took him to court and he was found guilty, and he went to jail.

'We could of done something, Cal.' I whispered, letting the tears fall from my eyes again.

'Go back to sleep, it's four in the morning hun.' Calum said, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me in close. The sound of his breathing was relaxing, and soon I fell asleep again.

--

*In the morning*

My eyes shot open, and took a few seconds for them to adjust to the sun. I looked over to Calum, who was peacefully sleeping. I smiled, knowing that he's been through so much with me and he's still by my side. We started dating when we were thirteen, which was nearly four years ago. When he asked me out, it was actually a dare and he had to stick with it. The dare was to ask me out and act like we were dating for two weeks. After the two weeks were up, we became really close and decided to see how we could go as a couple. It wasn't really serious, we were only thirteen. A year had passed and we were a year older, and we were still together. We could be ourselves around each other, enjoyed each other's company, and had our first kisses with each other. Things started to become serious when we were in grade ten, we were fifteen years old and had been together for two years already. We still had our group of friends, and Calum managed to be in a band and cover songs with his three mates. I still hung out with my friends and had the occasional sleep over and visit to the cinemas with them. But there was something about Calum that i'll never forget. I'm nearly seventeen and Cal just turned seventeen a few days ago, meaning we should be doing year twelve this year. We were on our Summer break, and school starts in two weeks today. I won't be doing year twelve, not with everything that's just happened with Beau. Calum won't be doing year twelve either, him and his band mates are focusing on their music career and don't have enough time for school. I was still staring at Calum's tanned face when he spoke.

'Stop staring at me.' He mumbled into the pillow.

'I can't help it, it's too beautiful to not stare at.' I laughed, leaning over and kissing him on the cheek. 'Come on grumpy pants, i'm starving.' I said, grabbing one of his ankles, getting ready to drag him out of my bed.

'Fine.' He said, wiping the sleep out of his eyes and getting out of bed.

'Is your mum at work?' He asked, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen.

'Yeah. While you're over, she work's. She can't trust me to be on my own after Beau..' I trailed off. 'I don't know. She just thinks i'll do something stupid.' I sighed, not meeting Calum's eyes. We both fell silent, the only noise was the sound of me opening the cupboards to find a frypan.

'You wouldn't, right?' Calum asked, looking up at me.

'No. I couldn't do that to you, Mum and the boys.' I said.

'Good. If I ever lost you, who knows where i'd be today.' He said, walking over to me and giving me the longest hug. 'I love you.' He said.

'I love you too.' I smiled. He pouted his lips, which I leant in and quickly pecked. I cooked up some pancakes and set them down on the table.