Chapter Three

*Calum's Pov*

'Any other songs we should practice?' Michael asked.

'I think that should do us-' He got cut off by the sound of a scream from the lounge room. We ran into the room to see Bella lying on the couch with tears flowing from her eyes again.

'Oh, Bella.' I said softly. I sat down next to her and pulled her head up onto my lap, gently stroking her head.

'What's wrong?' I asked. She simply pointed to the TV screen to show her player on the floor wounded next to a unwounded player.

'Beau.' She sobbed. I realised it was the same situation we were in only weeks ago. Luke quickly switched the game off so we didn't have to see it. After a few minutes her tears started slowing down and eventually she fell asleep in my lap. The boys were sitting around silently, watching me stroke her hair back and kiss her on the cheek every now and then.

'Jeez bro, she's not too good is she.' Luke said to me.

'No, but she's gotten a little bit better.' I said.

'She really does miss him.' I sighed. 'She wakes herself up in the middle of every night by screaming. She tells me she dreams about it, it's all just a replay of what happened that day.' I said. 'Her mum leaves her with me so she can go to work, but I don't mind, she's my girlfriend after all.' I said, leaning back into the couch and closing my eyes. 'I could of saved him. We could have went back. But if Bella died, I wouldn't be able to live with my self.' I whispered the last part.

'Mate, you did the best you could. You protected your girlfriend and yourself from a guy with a gun, that's the best you could do.' Ashton said.

'I didn't protect her though. She got shot. She could of died, Ashton! And it's my job to protect her, I didn't do it properly.' I sighed, getting frustrated.

'All i'm saying is that she didn't die, be grateful for that. It could have been much worse.' He said.

'I know. But her brother also died, we could of gone back, but-' I started to argue, but got cut off by Michael.

'What's happened has happened Calum, you can't change the past and there's nothing you can do. Bella is still alive, stop beating yourself up over it.' Michael said.

'What about me?' Bella mumbled.

'We were just talking about how tanned you've become.' I lied.

'Oh.' She laughed. 'Not really, well I haven't noticed it.' She said, sitting up. 'How long was I asleep for?' She asked, pulling her hair out of her pony tail and tying it up in a bun.

'Only about twenty minutes.' I said.

'Oh, thought it was longer than that.' She frowned.

'Well, Bella and I are gonna head back to her house, thanks for having us guys.' I said, waving to them all and walking out of the front door with Bella by my side. As soon as I shut the door, her quiet voice spoke.

'You weren't really talking about my tan were you.' She said, her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

'No, we weren't.' I said, grabbing her hand and leading her down the porch.

'I was just saying I could of protected you better, that's all.' I said, keeping my eyes to the floor.

'Calum, you saved me from my own father, that's all I could ask for, thankyou.' She said, kissing me on the cheek.

--

*Bella's Pov*

Calum decided he was taking me out to dinner tonight to a nice restaurant down the road.