Chapter 4: The Plan

A bright light woke me up. I could feel like my eyes burning like a vampire, "Wakey, wake, sleepyhead." I tried opening my eyes and saw the back of Joanne's back, putting her shirt through her head and slipping up her pants.

Why is she here? I opened my blanket to see if I was wearing my pants, which I am. Thank God, "We didn't do anything last night, dummy," she laughed when I checked my pants.

Oh right, last night, I was wasted trying to hide my sorrow with alcohol. I can't fully remember the previous night. But seeing Joanne here makes me feel safe.

Joanne is, how should I call it. She's my best friend, but she's more than a friend, Friends with benefits might suit it. We've never dated each other cause we're already comfortable being friends without liking each other. She always takes care of me when I'm at my lowest point and vice versa.

"I have class today, and I need to get ready. If you need anything, you know when to call me. Okay, love?" She asks me with her this British accent.

I groaned, annoyed that she had to leave sooner, "Can't you stay for a while?"

"I can't, and I need to study hard so I can be the erotic CEO. Remember?" I laughed at her joke. She did tell me that she chose a Business major because she wanted to be a sexy CEO, "by the way, go take a shower. You stink."

I hit her hand lightly, "Thanks, Jo. I appreciate your company."

She kissed my cheeks, and before she left, she stated, "Don't forget to take care of the problem you have. I don't want to drag your drunk ass here again."

As soon as the door closes, I'm back with the silence of my room. As much as I love Joanne, I can't be with her even if I want to. I don't want to lose her anyway; that's why we decided to stick with friends with benefit.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to recollect last night. I remember complaining about my life on Joanne's shoulders and Simon getting wasted because of beer pong. Good thing I didn't say anything about Stephanie and me investigating the school about the drugs.

I checked my phone and the time is 9 am.

Steph: are we still meeting at your dorm after class?

I just replied, "Yea." to her. I don't want to be alone just with her; maybe I'll take Simon with me. I texted Simon about meeting at my dorm to plan it out with Stephanie.

I grab a shirt and shorts, getting ready for breakfast.

~~~

I inhaled the smoke to my lungs and drank the red cup that I was holding.

"Trying to hide your sorrow or something?" Joanne sat beside me and took away my joint, "what's wrong?"

I finished my cup and lay my head on Jo's shoulders, "Something is wrong, Jo. How did you know?"

"I can see it in your face," she raised my chin so she could meet my eyes, "what's wrong, baby?"

I pouted, "I feel stupid for falling the same trap, Jo. Am I stupid?" I pulled her closer by her slim waist. I can smell her lavender perfume.

She tilted her head, "it depends. What trap did you fall into?"

I took a deep breath, "Sometimes I forgot about this girl's flaws because she's too perfect. I fell for her manipulative traits again."

She furrowed her eyebrow in suspicions, "let me guess, this girl must be Stephanie, right? I saw you two arguing before coming back here again."