Chapter 11: The Rehearsal

After three days after I fell on top of her, Friday came along. I can't face her because the embarrassment is still there, but why am I so embarrassed? Is it the guilt of my thought kissing her?

Cathleen, remember the last time you confessed to her? She throws you out of her life, and you want that again? Try anything weird, and I'm going to keep reminding you this.

No, I won't be doing anything weird ever again.

After all, I decided to help her in this case not because I was caring for her. I also wanted to try to fix our friendship. I need someone like her in my life.

I know I have Joanne, but it's just different from Stephanie. There's something in Stephanie that Joanne doesn't have, and I can't put my finger on it.

I kept telling my mind; she didn't know that I was thinking of kissing her, so stop being weird!

I ran through my hair in frustration as I parked outside a gym. Stephanie told me today I would start my rehearsal. Gosh, why did I even come here? I can bail, but I also want to see her dance.

I grabbed my electric guitar and my small amplifier. Stephanie told me to bring this. All I have to do is sing and play my guitar.

I walked into the gym, and a familiar figure leaning on the front desk was occupied with his phone, "...don't do anything stupid," he said to the phone and ended the call.

Who was he talking to?

I had a feeling it would get even awkward working with David with the thought of kissing his girl in my mind. I have no other choice than greet him, "Hey, David."

He turned his attention to me, "oh hey, I thought you'd bail."

I shrugged, "I was," I added, "Stephanie was really out of her mind for pitching me in."

He held her hands up, "It's wasn't all crazy. I have something in mind."

I nodded in response. What did he have in mind?

After that, we went upstairs and straight to a dance studio. The big mirror around the wall shows Stephanie stretching her body. She's wearing black leggings, an oversized white shirt, and her short wavy hair tied up. It's rare to see her like this, and she also looks cute. I can't get my eyes off her.

Then she notices my appearance, and her brown eyes meet mine, "I knew you would come!" she exclaimed.

In defense, I put my hands up, "don't get ahead of yourself. I came because I wanted to."

She rolled her eyes, "of course you do."

I know that she knew I was here also to see her dance.

Then I put my belongings down and returned to them, "so, what song did you choose?" I asked them as I prepared my guitar.

"We choose 'Reckoner' by Radiohead,'" Stephanie answered on behalf of David.

I furrowed my eyebrow at their choice of song, "Really? That's cool."

Stephanie groaned at my reaction because I was looked surprised, "What did you expect me to choose?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I thought you were going to choose something more teenage."

David laughed because he knew what I was talking about, "No shit, the first song that came to her mind was Cold- not Coldplay."

"Let me guess. it's the soundtrack from Twilight, right?" I asked, and David nodded, then we laughed.

Stephanie threw her hand, "Come on! The song isn't that bad!"

I shook my head, "Oh, I didn't say the song was terrible. It's just the fact it's from Twilight."