Chapter 32: When Everything Becomes Lucid.

TW: TORTURING SHIT.

***

"Wake up, Yo," A voice echoed in my head.

What did it come from? Am I dreaming, or is this real life.

"You gotta use that to wake them up."

"Nah, dude, they're women. Have some respect."

"Respect my ass. They're just prisoners."

"Fine, I'm sorry."

Suddenly cold water splashed all over my body, which made me shiver. I woke up with a sore in my neck. I tried to move my hand, but it wouldn't budge. Oh right, I'm still kidnapped. I opened my eyes and saw Stephanie beside me, groaning, and she was soaking wet. Speaking of wet, I'm also soaking- I mean my body' wet from the water they throw at us.

I looked around and discovered I was in a room. The room wasn't like José described. I'm guessing we're at a different place from where I found the Detectives- shit, the Detectives. I wonder what they're doing right now. Simon doesn't know Ross and Arthur. I hope Simon can tell them that I'm kidnapped, and they start to look for us.

Anyway, the room is dim. There is only one light, it's above us, and I can feel the heat. There's a steel door in front of us with a window.

I look in front of me. There're two guys. One of them... Wait, I know him. I think he's the one that the capo called Genius, but he's bald, and he's holding the bucket. He must be the one who splashed us the water. The other one, he has brown hair, and he had a tattoo all over his arm. His body is muscular like he's working at the gym. He's wearing a muscle shirt and black jeans. The Genius was wearing a white shirt and sweat pants.

"See? They woke up eventually," The tattoo guy grabbed the bucket from The Genius and left the room, "boss, they're awake."

"Great, leave me alone," a familiar deep voice spoke outside of the door. I know exactly what the person is, but I didn't expect him to be the capo.

The guy walked inside the room and left us dumbfounded, but it's mostly Stephanie who's dumbfounded, not me. I called it first.

His familiar brown eyes, brown hair, and muscular body, "Well, well, look who's here?" David stopped in front of us.

Then everything becomes lucid.

Remember the first rehearsal with David and Stephanie? I thought the call was regular, but when he said, "Don't do anything stupid." Does it have something to do with José's kidnapping?

David also knew that José showed up on the campus, and he visited him. I bet he was panicking because his prisoners suddenly escaped. David cares too much about José like he is sincere about his worries. And when José told me the capo was closer than I thought. Of course, it would be Stephanie's lover, David.

I had suspicious towards David when I saw José having a seizure when they met each other.

And all speculation was answered when David's location is the same as José's kidnapper and when he walked through the door.

"I called it," I mumbled.

"D- David? It was you?" Stephanie stuttered.

"Don't act like you just know about this," David rolled his eyes. Stephanie tried to wiggle her body furiously, but she ended up falling. David approached her and stood her chair up. He leaned forward to Stephanie. David caressed her cheek and spoke, "the answer was right in front of you, but you choose not to believe it."

"I also choose not to believe it because I wouldn't expect someone like you with high dignity would be a gangster," I added.

"I trusted you," Stephanie expressed as tears rolled down her cheeks. David was about to wipe Stephanie's tears, but she looked away, "you were the one I first told about the investigation."