06.

The campus was filled with people chattering, way too loud for the girl's liking

The snow had vanished, leaving the ground a frozen surface due to the persistent minus temperatures.

She she watched small clouds of hot breath escape people's mouths every now and then, complaints about the coldness filled the air, students hurrying inside the buildings.

Though she was cold, the girl didn't mind the feeling at all.
She was in some kind of trance, her mind going back to the black eyes of Jisung.

She liked his name, it was just as beautiful as him.
What she didn't like was the danger his presence meant.

Her lungs filled with another breath of piercingly cold air, nose starting to feel numb and surely covered in a reddish tint, at least she expected it to.

She waited for her friends outside, it was their first meet after the holidays and she was dying to know how they spent it, but at the same time she knew she wanted to talk to them about those previous events, which is what caused her to fall into this trance-like state.

It happened whenever she thought about him, about the day he almost killed her for the second time.

„I hope you missed us just as much as we did", Renjun mumbled tiredly while hugging her back and nuzzling into her shoulder.

Nari winced at the sudden touch, her mind being so engaged with thinking about Jisung she didn't notice her friends at all.

Soon, Mark joined their hug as well and a warm smile replaced her absent expression.

The three of them slowly made their way to the entrance of the building architecture classes took place in, already starting to talk about the amount of homework the professors were going to drown them in right after the winter holidays.

However, Nari felt uneasy, only adding a few terms of agreement every now and then, until the boys came to a stop, glancing at each other.

„Okay, jokes aside. What happened?", Renjun asked in a serious tone while Mark studied her face worriedly.
„It's not that important right now. Can we talk about this once classes are over?", the girl replied, trying to calm her friends down a bit and giving them a weak smile.

Both of them agreed with a nod and Renjun patted her back before he and Mark turned to leave towards the building of their subject of study.
The latter gave his friend a knowing smile, he sensed his feelings for the girl they both were friends with even though Renjun never admitted it or gave any hint.

But the look in his eyes made it totally evident to Mark that he did like her.

Both of them were caught up in their own thoughts as they entered the building opposite to the one Nari was currently in.