11) HE IS CAREWORN

𝐻𝐸 𝐼𝒮 𝒞 𝒜 𝑅 𝐸 𝒲 𝒪 𝑅 𝒩

"Lightning, I need to talk to you right now," Ryuji stomped into the room, clearly bewildered. His hair hung deeply into his face and sweat had formed around his forehead.

"I told you not to blame me if you didn't get the answers you wanted, Ryuji," Lewin spoke with such a light-hearted tone that Bon's anger only increased more.

"Just what's happening in that library down there?" The boy came closer to his master and clenched his fists. The thick atmosphere that hung around him had'nt left since he left the secret rooms underground. It's strange how things can turn so dark in an instant.

Lewin's lips faltered as he sat up from the couch, standing up and stepping towards his apprentice. "Did you even ask her, Ryuji?"

"Hell, I did and she wouldn't tell me the tiniest bit!" His anger was now fully visible on his face as he shouted out his concern. "What's going on, Light? Earlier, I went to the library to talk with her today again and her seat was empty, so I decided to search for her." Bon stared at the floor now, searching for an opening in his wave of thoughts. "And then," he gasped out, "she would just come out of a dark aisle, blood visible under her bandages. She was bleeding, Lightning, bleeding."

........

His master didn't answer after his outburst. Lewin began staring at the ceiling, so Ryuji assumed he was deep in thoughts and didn't interrupt.

"I can't believe it's gotten worse, these...", the black-haired male mumbled.

These? Ryuji furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and eventually, his hard fists opened up.

"I have to agree, she definitely looked worse the past days...," Lightning put up a finger on his chin as he remembered her fragile figure sitting at her drawing table. The way she held her feather was far more reserved than usual.

"Ryuji, thank you for telling me," the master looked his apprentice deep into the eyes, "I think I've finally gotten the push to do something."

And with that, Lightning grabbed his typical poncho only for Ryuji to do the same with his rain jacket and both of them went of somewhere only Lewin knew.