CHAPTER TWO

"The only thing I can do is look past it"

"Gene. Who names their kid Gene?" Greg whispered to Kai as he looked at the baby who had been sleeping in his stroller. They had been able to get a hotel right in Paris, and it was gorgeous. The architecture and designs were beautiful. The marble floor made it sleek and the art on the floor made it chic. It also had an outdoor area with the walls of the hotel enclosing it.

Beatrix was giving the desk lady money for their hotel rooms. She overheard them, "We did. You got a problem?" She walked over to Gene and bent down with a smile, "Gene, your name is perfect, don't let these rude people tell you otherwise." She whispered as she kissed his head and stood back up to get the keys.

"I thought you didn't even like kids?" Kai said and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh, I don't, I hate them. But Gene is different," Beatrix said as Lana walked up to them. Tommy was with her as well.

"Did you already book the rooms?" Lana asked Beatrix.

"Yeah, but I had to stop Kai and Greg from bullying my child," she said, then gave a small glare towards them, "Anyways, here." Beatrix handed her a key to room 101.

"Thanks," Lana said as she grabbed the key, "You guys are lucky I could afford this. I even agreed to pay for this kid."

"Are you guys still gonna bully my son, or are you gonna take the keys?" Lance asked as he came to stand beside Beatrix and slid his arm around her waist. Beatrix grinned a little, but it wasn't too noticeable. She still had a baby bump from her pregnancy. It was barely going down.

"Come on, free keys for everyone," She held them up and distributed them properly. When she turned back to Gene, she saw Kai crouching in front of him.

"If you so much as whimper a little during this trip, I'll punt you like a football," he whispered. Gene woke up because of his whispering.

Gene looked at him for a minute before starting to laugh.

"Is this a threat? This feels like a threat," Kai said. Gene started laughing even more.

"He must like you," Greg told him.

"No," he said before getting up and walking away. Next, Greg bent down, to which Gene started crying.

"Kai, get back here," Greg grabbed his wrist and pulled him back to Gene, who immediately stopped crying as Kai bent down.

"You're the dude that likes the kids," Kai complained, "Not very good phrasing on that."

"Not that one. It has an old man name,"

"Yeah, if I met a baby named Gene, I'd cry," Mariah added.

"You... You have met a baby named Gene," Aven informed her.

"What?" Mariah asked, sounding distressed.

"Hey Beatrix, do either you or Lance have brown eyes?" Kai asked as he studied Gene.

"Oh that's probably just recessive genes," Beatrix hastily said.

"Gene has got some freaky genes. Wait, that's funny," Ronnie laughed.

"Great. I accidentally named my child after a scientific term," Lance groaned.

"So you chose the scary name. How dare you," Mariah said, completely shocked.

"He sounds like an accountant who's gone through two divorces and hasn't won the kids. Ever," Aisha added, staring at her phone.

"I wanna fight him," Elena proclaimed.