Solo Mission

THREE WEEKS LATER

It has been three weeks and Y/N has never been happier.

She's bound to join her family of superheroes and be one of them, her first ever solo mission was given to her this morning and she will be leaving today. If she successfully finished it, it is expected that once she's back, she will be an official member of the Avengers.

"Take care, dude." MJ said through the phone.

"Yeah, and make sure to come back alive!" Ned added, trying his best not to cry.

Peter was silent, because if he say something, he'll start crying.

Y/N smiles widely, looking at her best friends through her laptop screen. "Guys, don't worry. I'll be fine! Besides, if I pulled this off, I'll be able to join the Avengers."

Her best friends agreed, and they talked some more before Y/N had to hang up because she's going to leave.

Since she will be tested to join the Avengers, Fury gave her a solo mission. Her task is to retrieve a very important files from one of HYDRA's many bases. They recently found another one and that's where she'll go.

She wore her jacket and grabbed her stuff, she took a deep breath and nodded her head. She walked out of her room and went to the elevator.

"I was told to inform you that everyone is waiting for you outside by the Quinjet, Agent L/N." The AI said.

"Okay, thank you, JARVIS." Y/N responded.

"You're welcome, Agent L/N." JARVIS said.

Y/N just smiled and she waited patiently for the elevator to take her downstairs. Once the elevator stopped and opened, she stepped out and starts walking.

"Good luck on your first mission, Agent L/N." JARVIS said.

Y/N opened the door, "Thank you, JARVIS. I'll see you soon." She said and walked further and to her left, until she can see the Quinjet for her and all of her family.

"Director Fury." Y/N greeted, shaking hands with Fury.

"Good luck on your first mission, Agent L/N. I'd expect you to come back successfully." Fury said and patted Y/N's shoulder.

"I won't disappoint you, sir." Y/N smiles.

Fury nodded his head and stepped back.

Immediately, Y/N was lifted by Thor. She giggled and dropped her bag.

"I'm gonna miss you, Lady Y/N!" Thor said with his loud voice.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Thor." Y/N giggled and Thor put her down.

"You take care, Y/N, remember all the medical that I taught you. You might need it, okay?" Bruce said. He hugged Y/N before stepping back.

"I'm just gonna say, don't die and come back as soon as you can. Okay? I'm gonna throw a party for you." Tony said, and patted Y/N's cheek with a kiss on her forehead.

Y/N just chuckled and nodded her head.

"We'll see you soon, Y/N." Steve said and smiles.

"You will, it wouldn't be easy to get rid of me." Y/N smirked. But really, she's nervous.

Everyone chuckled.

"We know," Clint said, "Come back in one piece."

"That's the plan." Y/N said, chuckling.

She'll miss her family.

Then she felt a hand on her waist before she was pulled in the warmest hug she's ever had and she recognized the smell and it was Natasha.

These past few weeks, they have gotten closer. Natasha was trying her best to fill up the missing pieces, although they're still walking on eggshells, it was better than before. And they talked it out and agreed that they should just be friends.

Y/N smiles and hug Natasha back, burying her face into Natasha's neck.

"Be careful, okay? I'll be waiting for you." Natasha whispered.

"Of course, Nat." Y/N said.

Natasha sighed and pulled away, she looks between Y/N's eyes and she smiles. "Be strong."

Y/N smiles, she completely pulled away and bent down to grab her bag. "Alright! Just tell Maria that I left and not to worry." She said, Maria's doing her own mission at the moment. "I'll see y'all soon." She waved and turned around.

She took a deep breath and stepped inside the Quinjet. She dropped her bag inside and turned around, "I can't promise to bring back souvenirs for you old people! But I'll try my best!" She joked.

Just like Tony, humor is her coping mechanism.

Everyone chuckled, shaking their heads. They're surely going to miss this girl.