Outburst

"Welcome back, Agent L/N. Agent Romanoff had ordered me to tell you once you arrived, that you need to go to her room to talk." JARVIS said. (I already edited the other chapters that has FRIDAY on them, we're gonna use JARVIS from now on.)

Y/N groans, "Okay, thank you, JARVIS. Inform her that I'm on my way." She said.

"Will do, Agent L/N." JARVIS said.

After some minutes, the elevator stopped at their floor. She stepped out and bit her lip, sighing and she went to Natasha's room. She knocked, saying that it's her.

"Come in." Natasha's cold voice said.

Y/N gulped and opened the door with her handprint, she walked in and closes the door behind her.

Immediately...

"What were you thinking?" Natasha looked at Y/N. "You could've died or badly injured, Y/N! You don't do that, you can't just dive in and sacrifice yourself! If Tony wasn't there? If we were on a mission? Can you imagine what could've happen?"

Y/N frowned, "Where is this coming from? You sound like I can't protect myself, I'm an Avenger, if you're forgetting! And it's my job to save people, Natasha." She argued.

"You just joined the team, Y/N!" Natasha almost shouted.

Y/N looked hurt, "And you mean?"

"I..." Natasha frowned.

"What?" Y/N frowned, "You seriously telling me that I'm weak because I just joined the team? That I can't save people because I just fucking joined the team?"

"No, that's not what I mean." Natasha said, shaking her head.

"Then what do you mean, Natasha? Because that fucking hurts. You know how much I worked so I can be an Avenger, so please tell me what do you mean?"

Natasha didn't know what to say, she didn't know how to express herself.

Y/N shook her head when Natasha didn't say anything, "Forget it. Thanks for showing me what you really felt towards me, joining the team." She said and walked out.

"Fuck!" Natasha cursed as soon as the door closed.

***

NEXT MORNING

"Morning, Avenger." Tony greeted as soon as Y/N walked inside the training room.

Y/N smiles a little, she's not in the mood today. But she greeted them back with a good morning.

"Y/N," Steve spoke, "You'll be training with Nat."

Y/N sighed and just nodded her head, and she walk towards the corner, where she usually train. She put her hair into a ponytail, then Natasha approached her corner, stretching her arms and neck.

"We'll do hand to hand combat." Natasha said. She's frustrated with herself because she can't express her feelings properly and it's causing her and Y/N to go back like they weren't even friends.

Y/N just nodded her head. She's really upset with Natasha, she couldn't sleep last night even though she's exhausted. What Natasha said kept replaying in her head, breaking her heart all over again. She knew Natasha would be worried, but she didn't expect Natasha to say those words, to make her feel like she's weak just because she's new to the team.

Then they started their hand to hand combat training.

Of course, Natasha isn't going soft. Never have been when it comes to trainings, because she believes this will make anyone tougher and more stronger.

But the redhead is not being so kind either. She doesn't even notice that she's being too harsh, she's just letting her body release the frustration inside her.

Y/N grunted in pain and frustration as soon as her back met floor once again, and she lost count on how many times she was knocked down.

Y/N just stood up again, stretching her back a little to release some of the pain. She's now getting mad at Natasha, she's still upset about what Natasha said last night, but despite that, she's still trying her best to understand Natasha. But this? This is too much. She doesn't understand why Natasha's approaching her like this after their argument last night.

Y/N frowned and throw a punch but of course, Natasha caught it and pulled her harshly before swinging her foot behind Y/N's ankles and pushing her down, slamming her against the floor with a loud thud.

Y/N gasped in pain as her sore back got slammed again, Natasha knocked the air out of her lungs.

It catches the boys' attentions, they all stopped and looked over.

Y/N coughed, and trying to also catch her breath.

Natasha immediately felt bad, that was too harsh. She held her hand out for Y/N, but the younger woman ignored it and stood up herself, looking so furious now.

Y/N just couldn't take it anymore, she's had enough of this and the way Natasha chose to treat her after upsetting her last night is just so wrong.

She faced Natasha, "What the hell is wrong with you?! You can't do this to me! One minute you treat me right and making it seem like you actually like to be around me! The next fucking minute you're saying shit that fucking hurts me! And this is how you're approaching me?! What the fuck?! I get it, you don't like me, fine! But fucking hell, Natasha! Say it to my face, don't fucking beat me to death!"

Everyone was shocked.

Y/N never yelled like that, and she looked really hurt. Mentally and physically.

And even Natasha was speechless, it's like a cold water was poured all over her, bringing her back to reality and seeing just how much she hurt Y/N. It broke her heart.

Y/N scoffed, a tear managed to slip away and she harshly wiped it and glared at Natasha, but the pain in her eyes were there. She's more hurt than angry. "I just wished you can trust me more, Natasha. You're really important to me and it hurts that you can say those things to me." She said and turned around, biting her lip to stop herself from crying in front of everyone. And with that, she walked away.

She ignored everyone and walked towards the elevator, pushing the button for her floor. She's still trying to control her tears.

Once the elevator opened, she immediately stepped out and walked further into the hallway and into her room. She opened the door and get inside her bedroom.

"JARVIS, alone time, please." Y/N said to the AI. Alone time is something they have in their rooms, when this is on, no one can come in at their room, and JARVIS wouldn't have access inside, and the room will automatically make every corner soundproofed.

"Alone time, on." JARVIS indicated, followed with a beeped, locking the room and Y/N can only open it.

Out of everyone's and everything's earshot, Y/N finally broke down into tears. Sobbing into the pillow, screaming her pain and frustration out.

She might finally let out her thoughts, but it still hurts. She really liked to be friends with Natasha, but it's just not meant to be.

———

Author: omg, my Neighbor book has 40k reads?!😱 and the Vacation has 25k😭 thank you all so much😩❤️ feeling inspired right now... might update again, 1 or two chapters✋🏻