CHAPTER 2

🌻

Weeks passed. Mew and I still did the same things together at home. I still accompanied him in his deliveries from time to time. He would still bring me to school if he's not busy cooking or preparing for buffet services. He really became a big help to the business especially to mom. Mom found time to relax and chill with her friends now or sometimes even knit in our garden. I was so happy she's not overworking and getting herself exhausted like before.

"Bar tonight? Who's up for it?" Top asked. We just got dismissed in our final class for the day. It was around four in the afternoon.

"Me of course! Weekend party!" Boss exclaimed.

"I'm going too. Mom's not home so I can party all night," Jeff beamed.

"You?" Boss turned to me.

It sounded fun. And because going to the only state of the art bar in our town excited me, I grinned and nodded. "Count me in!"

"Great!" Top exclaimed. "See you later at 8!"

When I went home, I saw mom knitting in the garden. "Ma, it's getting dark. Stop now." I said as I walked towards her.

She looked up and smiled when she saw me. "Oh, you're back. Sorry son, I didn't notice the time. Take a shower now. I'll prepare dinner."

"Is Mew back?"

She shook her head. "He'll probably come home late. It's Mr. Que's daughter's birthday. He's taking care of everything by himself again," she laughed.

I smiled. What's new?

Mr. Que was our district's Congressman and a consistent client of our catering. Mew is a perfectionist. From the food preparation to the presentation to the buffet service, he always makes sure our workers don't mess on their jobs. He's a little scary when mad. But of course I'll never get scared of him.

I walked with mom inside our house. I carried all her knitting materials as she held on to my arms. She's a clingy mom. Maybe I got all my clinginess from her. I silently laughed at myself.

I'm not clingy to others though, only to mom and Mew.

"Ma, we'll go to the bar later. Can I come back home at 12?" I flashed my million-dollar smile and puppy eyes. "Please?"

As always, she fell for my tricks. "Fine. But don't get drunk."

"When did I get drunk? I'm your good boy." I smiled from ear to ear. I never got drunk even once since I didn't drink a lot in the first place. I just liked my friends' company and making fun of them when they're wasted and blabbering nonsense.

After dinner, I changed into a casual shirt, denim jeans and sneakers. I wore my mini-sling bag since I didn't like putting my phone and wallet in my pocket. When I arrived at the bar, everyone was there. It wasn't even eight yet. These devils were really excited.

"Here comes the model!" Top exclaimed when I joined them. "Gulf my friend, you really transform into a hunk when you're not wearing our uniform. How do you do that? Care to share?" he even winked. Is he drunk already at this hour?

"You need to be handsome first," I smirked.

My other friends laughed out loud.

"Harsh," Top made a sour face.

"Wait guys, I invited some colleagues to join us tonight. It's okay right? They're probably on their way here now," Jeff said with a smirk.

"Colleagues meaning..." Boss asked.

"Girls of course!" Jeff exclaimed.

Top whistled excitedly. "Ohhhh! Nice!"

I just shook my head and drank the bottle of beer in front of me. We laughed and talked about school-related stuff and the latest movie from MCU. An hour later, Jeff stood up and said his invited guests arrived. He fetched them at the entrance. He came back with three girls trailing behind them.