Special Chapter 2

🌻

"Papa!"

My daughter squealed happily when she saw me waving at her. She almost bumped into her classmate from too much excitement. I couldn't help smiling as she kept looking at me with her signature big, bright smile. When their teacher reminded them to stay in the line until they reach the gate, my daughter giggled but nevertheless obeyed. 

I'm glad she follows rules in school because at home, she's a little different.

"Papa!" she squealed again when they finally reached the waiting area for parents. She wasted no time and just ran towards me right away. She made grabby hands so I immediately carried her and kissed both of her chubby cheeks.

"Hey, baby! How's class?"

She happily showed me the star stamps on both of her hands. "I did gweyt, Papa! Teachah gave me two stahhs! Am good girl, wayt?"

I chuckled. "Of course you are. Great job!" I kissed her cheeks again.

I heard giggles so I looked around. I realized I was the only father there. All of them were mothers or nursemaids and they were all looking at me with their amused faces. I guess it's probably because they're more familiar with Mew and were surprised to see me picking up our daughter today instead. Mew is usually the one who drives to and picks up Bianca in school. Today, he's stuck in a meeting so I was more than willing to fetch her and witness her bubbly after-class mood. I could get used to it. She's adorable.

The administration and even the parents here in Bianca's Nursery school are aware she has two fathers as parents. Our family isn't conventional but we are happy and proud. We do not hide. Fortunately for us, they were very welcoming and weren't judgmental. I guess it helped that they knew me from all the modelling and product endorsements stints that I did through the years and not once did I ever get involved or entangled in a scandal. Mew, likewise, is a respected businessman and is beginning to make a name for himself especially in the culinary world.

I gave them all a polite smile before leaving and walking back to the parking area. On the way there, the little ray of sunshine in my arms kept talking. She was naturally talkative. I couldn't make out some of the words she's saying but I was certain it's about what they learned in class earlier. I just listened. I couldn't stop smiling while listening to her and her animated gestures.

I'm so in love with my baby girl.

She must have gotten tired from all the talking so just minutes after I started driving, she was snoring at the backseat. I just let her sleep. She will be back to her bubbly and energetic self when we get home for sure.

True enough, she woke up just as I was parking the car. She hurriedly got out and ran towards the front door. Who would have thought that she just woke up from a nap? Her energy level is incredible.

"Papaaaa! Am home!" I heard her calling Mew out loud from inside the house. Mew was working from home these days and she knew just where to find him.

I just chuckled.

Our househelp, Carmencita, waited for me at the front door. I smiled and handed Bianca's school bag to her. She's our only househelp and she also takes care of Bianca at times when Mew and I get busy with work. She's God-sent. She's in her mid-forties and I could say she definitely earned our trust with her impressive work ethics. We hired her when we had Bianca four years ago and ever since then, she became a part of our little family.

Mew and I transferred to this house five years ago. We both fell in love with the house and the whole property the minute we set foot in it. We did some minor renovations but overall, everything was perfect. It's a two-storey house with four bedrooms, a spacious garden and a swimming pool. Mew and I lived here for a year, just the two of us. We bonded over house cleaning, sitting in the garden drinking coffee while talking about random things, and midnight swimming. It was a great and splendid year for us as we were also preparing for Bianca's arrival. When she came into our lives, she completed us.