CHAPTER 24

🌻

"Cheers!"

"Ahhh! This is life!" Top exclaimed as he gulped down a glass of his alcoholic drink.

"I've never been so happy. I definitely like it here!" Jeff was grinning from ear to ear.

"So when are you moving? I can't wait." Boss teased him and laughed out loud. We know Jeff's mom wouldn't allow him to move to the city just yet.

"Hey! Don't ruin my night, you mouse!" Jeff hissed at him.

We were having a blast at a bar called Neon Place. It was the second bar that we visited that night. My friends really looked like they prepared for this from head to toe. I couldn't blame them. City bars are way different from the ones we have back in our little town.

I gulped down beer before checking my phone. No text message or call from Mew yet. I sighed, putting my phone back to my pocket. Mew was supposedly coming with us that night but something came up. He's still stuck in the restaurant with our assistant manager. I felt bad leaving him and partying with my friends but he insisted and told me he'll catch up as soon as he can.

"Are you okay? Is Mew on his way?" Boss who's sitting next to me whispered.

I shook my head. "I don't know, not yet I guess."

Boss tapped my arm. "He'll be here, don't worry." Then he leaned over and whispered to my ear. "Your man is working hard for your future. Let him be." He giggled.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What are you two whispering about there?" Top asked us nosily.

"That's right. Include us in your conversation." Jeff added.

Boss and I exchanged glances.

"Nahhh. We were just talking about Mew." Boss told them.

"Is he coming?" Jeff asked.

I nodded. Then I remembered what I said to Mew a couple of nights ago. I told him I'll tell my friends about the two of us and I intend to do just that. I don't want to keep this from them especially when they know us both. I want to come out to them because I know they'll understand. They will positively be surprised but I'm confident they'll not judge and belittle Mew and I.

"I just knew he'll succeed one day. He's so smart and hardworking. I was right," Jeff said with pride.

"Jeff's right," Top agreed. "I'm glad you're here with him, Gulf. He needs all the support that he can get. What he's doing is tough."

Wow. I never knew they thought of Mew like that. I thought they just saw him as my older brother. It made me glad.

"Uhhhh... Actually, I have something to tell you guys..." I started.

"Sure, what is it?" Top asked.

I looked at each of them first before taking a long, deep breath. I was nervous but I felt it was the right moment. "It's about Mew and I..."

I saw how Boss's eyes widened. Jeff and Top also exchanged glances but said nothing. Then three pairs of eyes looked at me again, waiting for what I was about to say.

I chugged down beer to have a little more confidence. Damn. Coming out was nerve-wracking. I cleared my throat before finally saying, "Mew and I... are together..."

I waited for their reaction. They just stayed still. They didn't say anything.

I continued. "Uhhh... We are together. As in together-together."

I was surprised by their silence. It wasn't the reaction that I expected.

Boss cleared his throat. "Owww... That's uhhh... Well..." But he cannot finish his words. This weakling. Does he even know what to say? He's really not good at pretending.