Chapter- 13

Kabir's POV

We reached towards my car and I opened the back seat of the car and placed Raj inside and was waiting for Kavya to sit beside Raj.

"Actually, let Raj sit at the back seat freely, I will sit in the front," she said and I was too shocked to say anything.

"I mean, only if you want to. I mean, he will not be able to keep his legs freely if I am with him. I mean, I know there is enough place for both of us but he will not feel free and---

Once again I shut her mouth by my middle finger.

"Calm down, Kavya. It's okay," I said and removed my finger and opened the front door for her and as soon as she got inside I closed the door and walked towards the drivers seat and sat inside, put on the radio and started the car.

Why was she so angry when I talked about her husband?

Did they had a fight?

And, that's why she wants to come to the party to stay away from him?

Is he abusing her?

God.

No.

I should not think so negatively.

I can't imagine her getting abused by him but then why was she crying?

When she suddenly cried in my arms , I was too shocked to react.

I imagined a numerous times of taking her in my arms even though it's not right but we can't control our thoughts.

And, that's why there were crazy fantasies of mine where she was happy in my arms but when that actually happened, I didn't feel happy because she was not happy.'

She was crying for her husband in my arms.

I didn't knew how to feel.

Should I feel happy that she is in my arms?

Or, should I feel sad that she is crying for another man in my arms.

Actually, his husband is not the 'other man.'

I am the other man in her life.

And, I can only be a friend who consoles her whenever she will have a fight with her husband.

Was I okay with it?

No, I was not okay with it but, as long as I can stay beside her I can be anything.

As long as she is with me.

"You know, this is our favorite song," she said excitedly as a song came.

Our?

"I heard this song after such a long time. He usually asked me to dance with him whenever this song played. I love this song." There was a constant smile on her face.

Asked?

She leaned against the window, closed her eyes and was enjoying the song.

A smile escaped my lips when I saw her so calm and relaxed.

She was never so calm and relaxed in my company.

For the first time I am seeing her like this.

"You are not the reason for her happiness. Her husband's favorite song is the reason behind it."

My mind mocked at me but I wanted to yell at my mind and asked it to shut up and let me stay in my happy bubble for some more time and think that I was the reason for her happiness but my mind told the truth and ruined everything.