Chapter-28

Kavya's POV

This will be the first time, I will be staying at someone's house.

He asked me to follow him upstairs and I didn't argue and followed him.

I entered his room and looked around. This is the first time I am in his room.

The grey colour on the wall made the room so dull and a big bed and a huge wardrobe was occupying the whole room.

The black curtains was making the room so gloomy.

He opened his wardrobe and my eyes widened as I saw half of his wardrobe were filled with suits and the other half of his wardrobe were filled with shirts and different types of ties.

I have never seen so much clothes in my life. Maybe that's the difference between a rich person and a middle class person.

'You can sleep here. I will go and sleep with Raj,' he said as he handed me a fresh set of duvet and pillow.

'Okay. Take care of your hand,' I said and he smiled at me and left the room.

I looked at the bed.

I have never slept anywhere other than my bed.

I looked around to find a yoga mat and took it.

I placed it on the floor, kept the pillow, laid on it and covered myself with duvet.

I closed my eyes with the hope that sleep will welcome me soon.

Kabir's POV

I got up and looked around and remembered that I am in Raj's room.

For the first time I slept on the floor.

Raj had taken the whole bed while sleeping and I didn't had the heart to wake him up so I took a mat and slept on the floor.

For few hours it felt so uncomfortable so I decided to go and sleep on the couch but I didn't fit there so I went back to his room and again slept on the floor.

I was tossing and turning but then I don't know when sleep welcomed me.

I got up, folded the mat, took my duvet and pillow and went to my room.

I saw her sleeping on the floor and sighed.

I went and sat down on my knees beside her.

I had given my bed to her but she decided to sleep on the floor which made me realize that she creates her own boundaries and I want to respect her boundaries.

I got up, took my towel and went into the washroom.

*****

After taking a bath, I wrapped the towel around my waist and got out.

I saw her keeping the mat aside and looked at me.

She looked at me and turned around quickly which made me realize that I am only in a towel.

'I will go downstairs,' she said and ran outside.

*****

'I have called Suraj uncle. He will come to pick you up in few minutes,' I said while I was walking downstairs and I saw her cutting vegetables.

'Aunty?' I raised my eyebrows.

'I told her not to do anything but she insisted,' Aunty replied my unasked question.