Chapter-9

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers as my birthday gift to you guys.

Thank you for loving my stories and supporting it

Kabir's POV

I carried Raj towards the car and placed him and his bag in the backseat of the car and closed the door and sat in the driver's seat and took a deep breathe to calm myself down.

I should not have given him permission to go to the museum.

I looked at his leg and hit the steering wheels hardly.

"Bhai," Raj called me and I looked at him through the rear view mirror.

"Can I sit on the front seat?" he asked and was surprised as he never sit on the front seat.

"But your leg--

"I am fine, bhai," he said as I got out and carried him and made him sit on the front seat and once again, sat on the drivers seat and he held my hand tightly.

"Bhai, I am fine," he said and I looked at him and smiled.

"You know, I can't see you hurt," I told him as I pulled him in my arms.

"I know that, bhai, but, I am fine," he said as I looked at the plaster of his legs.

"I know you are lying, Raj. I will bear if something happens to me but nothing can happen to you," I said.

"I love you, bhai," he said making me smile.

Love.

Even though I have heard that word numerous times, I still can't believe those four words.

I have heard that lie many times when I was young.

I have heard the words coming from the mouth but eyes always told the truth.

There was no such thing as, love.

I care for Raj and can fight with the world for him.

But I don't know if I love him or not?

How can Raj say it so easily?

How is he so sure that he loves me?

Anyways, he is a kid, he does not understand anything.

"Let's go," I said and as I was going to drive I looked at my hand where her number was written.

"Can you give me your water bottle?" I asked Raj and even though he was confused, he gave me his bottle.

I opened the window and washed my hand with water.

Yesterday, I decided I will not contact her and ruin her married life and I want to stick to that.

I can't ruin her family for my stupid crush which will fade away in few days.

"Really?" My heart mocked me but I decided to ignore my heart.

As I gave the bottle to him, he was surprised but didn't ask anything further.

I started the car toward our family doctor.

*****

As soon as we reached our house, I carried him towards his room and placed him on the bed and Shalini Aunty followed me.

"How did this happen?" she asked and I told her everything and asked her to make corn soup for Raj and helped him in freshening up and changing his clothes.