Chapter-40

Kabir's POV

I remembered what I had done few minutes back and realized the way I shouted at her and jerked her hands away from my shoulder.

I am so stupid. I had not realized that I had hurt her so much.

She was looking at me, no, she was shooting daggers at me.

'Kavya, I am so sorry. I didn't realize it,' I apologized.

'I was just trying to help you, Kabir,' she said and started crying.

'Hey, hey, why are you crying?' I went and kneeled in front of her and held her hand in mine.

'You got so scared and started panicking so I was just trying to help you but you shouted at me,' she said and was still crying.

'I am so sorry. I don't know what to say other than sorry.' I apologized, again.

'It's not your fault. It's my fault. I think, I am getting too involved in your life. Maybe, that's why I thought I had the rights to help you, but I don't have that rights,' she said as she pulled her hand out of my grip.

'What are you even saying? You have all the rights over me,' I said and she looked at me.

'I mean... we are friends so you have all the rights,' I corrected my previous statement.

'You didn't answer my question. Would you have done the same thing with your princess?' she asked again and by now she had stopped crying. Thank god.

'I dont know, Kavya. But, then again she doesn't even know that I got panic attacks when it rains but you know it,' I told her.

'I know about it accidently,' she argued making me chuckle.

'Yes. But, you are the only one who will know that I was kidnapped when I was ten years old,' I told her and she gasped.

'What?' I said.

'Yes,' I said.

'Sit on the bed,' she ordered and that time I realized that I was on my knees in front of her.

'First tell me, you have forgiven me,' I said.

'If I don't forgive you, you will kneel down infront of me like this,' she asked.

'Yes,' I said and she smiled. 'Okay, I have forgiven you but please, think before you speak. I have always asked you to think before you speak,' she said.

'I am sorry. I will try to change myself,' I said.

'It's okay. We can't change anybody. Either we have to accept them as they are or leave them. I am not asking you to change yourself. I am asking you to control your anger, and that too, just a little bit,' she said and I just wanted to hug her tightly.

How can she be so nice?

'Now come and sit beside me,' I got up and sat beside her.

'The rooms in both my houses are soundproof, my car, cabin in my office, everything is soundproof, and I always have an umbrella in my car. Whenever it rains, I feel like I am in some other zone. I remember the day, that kidnapper made me stand in the rain the whole night while he was sleeping peacefully.

'How did he kidnap you?' she asked.

'Wait! I will go to the washroom,' I went in the washroom and closed my eyes as I remembered that dreadful day.

Flashback

'Uncle, this is not the route to my house,' I said to my driver uncle.