Snow Shines Brighter in the Afternoon

"Sorry about your car." I closed the door to the dead machine. Will shook his head and let out an exasperated breath. "It's fine, Sasha. I forgot to put gas in it before going to the theater last night." I thought he might be annoyed with me, but then I looked up and saw that crooked smile again. I had to look away. After our little moment, if you would even call it that, I couldn't look him in the eye without a piercing feeling in my chest. Why me? I thought. Why did I have to feel this way about Will. I suddenly felt angry with myself. Why did it have to be me to make our friendship awkward? What if I ruined our friendship altogether? I sucked in a breath. "You okay?" Will put his hand on my shoulder. I nodded. "Yeah," I started walking down through the trees to the frozen lake. "I just need some time to myself." I listened to the crunch of my boots through the snow, followed by the crunch of Will's. I stood in front of the lake and crossed my arms. "Will, can I just have a minute alone?" I heard him just behind me. "Sasha, what's going on?" He sounded concerned. I didn't answer. I was shaking, but not because of the cold. My eyes filled with fresh tears. "Sash-" I whirled around, a single tear releasing itself from my burning eyes. "I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE!" I didn't mean to yell, and the hurt look on his face made me feel even worse. But I couldn't stop. "I don't know what's going on with me right now. One minute it seems like we're brother and sister then the next..." I let the sentence trail off. Will picked it up, taking a step closer to me. "The next, what?" I let out a groan. "God, Will!" More tears slowly crawled down my face. "Things are different now, I can feel it. Like now I," I let out a loud breath. "forget it." Will's eyebrows drew together in an innocent frown. "Sasha, I-" I stopped him again. "No, stop it. I can't do this right now. I can't to anything. I-" He grabbed my arm and pulled my close to his chest, and suddenly, his lips were soft against mine. Well at first. After I got over my surprise, I answered that kiss with one that spoke thousands of words. It spoke of change, of want, of need. I needed Will more than ever now. He cupped my face with his hands and kissed me harder. His hands moved from my face to my hips, pulling me closer. He smiled against my lips. I tasted my tears on his lips as he kissed them away. Our kisses soon faded and slowed. "Sasha," he whispered, kissing my cheek then trailing down to kiss my jaw. "Will." He came back up and kissed both of my eyes. I opened them and looked up into his. They were brighter and warmer than ever and full of more life than I had seen in a while. He said the words that he'd said just last night. "I love you." he whispered. I kissed him lightly, just one more time. "I love you too."

Yes guys. Finally. I know I've made you wait forever for this part and I'm sorry for that. I would have written it earlier but... ughh research papers. But anyways, here it is and I hope you love Will and Sasha as much as I do, and will stick around to see what happens to them ;)

GO WILSHA!