Baby Steps

I plopped into the passenger's seat of Will's coal-black Jeep. As I secured my seatbelt, Will put the keys into the ignition, but didn't start the car.
I raised an eyebrow at him. "Aren't you gonna start the car?"
He looked at me with a raised eyebrow of his own. "Are you free tomorrow?"
I laughed. "Not the answer to my question, but yeah, I'm free." He smiled mischievously. "Will," I said apprehensively, sitting up straighter in the seat. "What are you up to?"
He chuckled and shook his head. "Just be ready by noon."
I looked at him incredulously. "Will? Seriously what's all this about?"
He shrugged innocently. "It's all part of my master plan."
When he didn't elaborate I pushed the topic further. "What 'master plan'?" Will made a quick sharp turn, knocking me into the window.
"The plan to help get rid of your anxiety." He got on the highway and barely missed hitting the speed-racer next to us. "Christ." He laid on the horn for a few seconds while the said racer reciprocated with a gesture of his own.
I shook my head. "And how do you expect to do that? We've tried almost everything."
"Almost." He said chidingly.
I groaned. "Whatever. What's so different about this time? Where are we even going?"
Will turned onto my street and parked in front of my house. Leaning against the headrest, he looked at me with a spark of excitement in his eyes. He straightened his glasses. "That, Sasha, is a surprise," I rolled my eyes dramatically. "Just trust me with this, and make sure you wear warm clothes."